Martin and Client?

A forum for Martin's "Counterfeit2" project. Please post Depeche Mode threads in the Depeche Mode forum.

Martin and Client?

Postby ethan_hunt » Wed May 19, 2004 6:20 pm

I just read in from http://www.depeche-mode.com

The world better get ready... Client's getting in gear for a new album later this year, and it's looking to be a real good one!

The first single to be pulled from the album is "In It For The Money", and is due in stores on June 14th, backed by the b-side "Down To The Underground" featuring the vocals of Pete Doherty of The Libertines. The single hints at the bands new, slightly revised musical direction, and it's sure to kick your bum into dancing mode, and get you rocking along to the beat. A full review of the single is in the pipeline, so stay tuned for that.

The new album, produced by Joe Wilson (of Sneaker Pimps) and Client, and mixed by Paul Tipler of 140 dB, is almost done, with just one song left to mix, according to the band's website. And as if that wasn't enough, it's now been confirmed that Martin Gore has been involved as well, and will be lending his voice to one of the albums songs. Other guest vocals on the new album include Carl Barat of The Libertines.

Martin is currently writing songs for a new Depeche Mode album, and with 6 demos reportedly done, it no longer seems unlikely that a new Depeche album will see the light of day some time next year.

The details for Client's "In It For The Money" are as follows:

7" - TH005
A. In It For The Money
B. Down To The Underground

CD - CDTH005
1. In It For The Money
2. Down To The Underground
3. Burning Up

12" - 12TH005
A1. In It For The Money - The Grid Static In The Attic Mix
A2. In It For The Money - Client vs The Zip Remix
B1. In It For The Money - Extended Mix
B2. In It For The Money - Grand National Remix
ethan_hunt

Postby DavinaHU » Wed May 19, 2004 10:36 pm

It seems to be a very good news,but it isn't confirmed officially,YET!!!!!!

Looking forward to read the facts as they unfold on MG.COM ,as well as on TH.COM!!!!

Til then,nothing serious!!!!
DavinaHU

Postby ethan_hunt » Thu May 20, 2004 7:49 pm

Apparently the track is called "Overdrive" according to http://www.depechemode.dk
ethan_hunt

Postby DavinaHU » Thu May 20, 2004 8:34 pm

OK!

I've read the news on DM.DK,but STILL,I'm sceptic a bit over the final result of this 'news'.

Let's see what the future holds!!!!
DavinaHU

Postby what_ever » Thu May 20, 2004 10:14 pm

DavinaHU wrote:It seems to be a very good news,but it isn't confirmed officially,YET!!!!!!

Looking forward to read the facts as they unfold on MG.COM (...) !!!!

Til then,nothing serious!!!!

DavinaHU, you post a lot on the DMMB but nevertheless there's something you didn't seem to notice : a lot of serious infos ( not all of them but a lot ) weren't given here but on another websites dedicated to DM... and of course were discussed here on the DMMB.

So thanks to Ethan-Hunt for the infos.
what_ever

Postby volvo99 » Fri May 21, 2004 4:55 am

Well the reality of Martin collaborating with someone outside of DM is long overdue, even if it is with that known drug addict Doherty from the Libertines; a band that had already kicked him out once already.

Now have you noticed that according to off-topic sites, Martin already has 6 demos for the new DM album done. Sounds like business as usual. Martin writes, Daves adds vocals, and all is swell. I think Martin is in for a rude awakening. Dave is blistering for more creative input in any new DM effort, and Martin would do well to have backup career plans should the DM wagon train fall off the road.
I scored a 33 on the Wunderlich test.
volvo99

Postby DavinaHU » Fri May 21, 2004 5:18 pm

what_ever wrote:DavinaHU, you post a lot on the DMMB but nevertheless there's something you didn't seem to notice : a lot of serious infos ( not all of them but a lot ) weren't given here but on another websites dedicated to DM... and of course were discussed here on the DMMB.

So thanks to Ethan-Hunt for the infos.

OK!

May I seem to be looking very oldstylish about this,but somehow I still keep DM.COM as the primary source for officially stated informations about the band.
If I don't see any news appearing on this site,then it is unconfirmed for me.

Or please,correct me if I'm wrong,and it's just due to the delayement of information arrival onto the site.

Beg Yer Pardon for it!

THX;)
DavinaHU

Postby ethan_hunt » Fri May 21, 2004 6:53 pm

Thanks what_ever.
ethan_hunt

Postby what_ever » Fri May 21, 2004 10:33 pm

volvo99 wrote: (...) I think Martin is in for a rude awakening. Dave is blistering for more creative input in any new DM effort, and Martin would do well to have backup career plans should the DM wagon train fall off the road.
If i was you, i wouldn't worry about Martin Gore's career.
If the DM wagon train fall off its rails, Dave Gahan and Andy Fletcher would be amongst the casualties too.
what_ever

Postby Nane » Sat May 22, 2004 7:01 pm

what_ever wrote:If i was you, i wouldn't worry about Martin Gore's career.
If the DM wagon train fall off its rails, Dave Gahan and Andy Fletcher would be amongst the casualties too.

Hello dear ! Are you sulking me, no more mails... :icon_wink

Martin, Dave and Andy are not linked up for life !!! Things and people change and need it for their creativity, mind ! Fan's love for DM seems to be as a jail sometimes, and not a non-profit-making... It's a pity because DM gave us 24 years of amazing bliss. I just see them as artists, men and I just want them to be bloom in what they do with music, together or not !
Nane

Next

Return to Martin L. Gore - Counterfeit2