ultra as a solo album by MLGore

A forum for Martin's "Counterfeit2" project. Please post Depeche Mode threads in the Depeche Mode forum.

Postby presley » Tue Apr 27, 2004 2:11 am

Mart has said in the past that Ultra was nearly a solo album as Dave at the time was to spaced out for the recording! As for Marts voice not fitting songs, he writes them and records em first, I recently heard Barrel of a gun sang by Martin and he does it well so I'm sure it could have worked as a solo album!
presley

Postby CrispyNeptune » Tue Apr 27, 2004 10:46 am

There is only one song from Ultra I would have wanted Mart to sing instead of Dave which is Sister Of Night...all the others are just perfect the way they are!
CrispyNeptune

Postby DavinaHU » Tue Apr 27, 2004 2:04 pm

Somehow,I feel Martin more on ULTRA (as well as on Exciter),than on any of the previous releases,too.
As well as the music contains more chill,calm,though some of the tracks-like BOAG ,ING,USELESS-are mirroring a harder edge of Mr.L.G.'s reality.

Mart is simplier.
Alan was more of the roboust,obscure one.
DavinaHU

Postby oldfart » Tue May 04, 2004 11:52 am

presley wrote:Mart has said in the past that Ultra was nearly a solo album as Dave at the time was to spaced out for the recording! As for Marts voice not fitting songs, he writes them and records em first, I recently heard Barrel of a gun sang by Martin and he does it well so I'm sure it could have worked as a solo album!

Where did you hear this... i would love to hear it me self.
You know yer an old fart when you realize your wife was born after Depeche Mode recorded their first album!
oldfart

Postby presley » Tue May 04, 2004 10:04 pm

oldfart wrote:Where did you hear this... i would love to hear it me self.

It was recently sold on ebay Germany, its a rough studio version with Mart singing on top, the version of BOAG had a few different parts, its basically Martins guide vocal for Dave!
presley

Previous

Return to Martin L. Gore - Counterfeit2