ultra as a solo album by MLGore

A forum for Martin's "Counterfeit2" project. Please post Depeche Mode threads in the Depeche Mode forum.

Postby guncha » Wed Mar 10, 2004 3:58 pm

after alan left the band, mode became less dave orientated IMO. i can't imagine useless with martins vocals in ultra album only; though i love dave's vocals here too (for instance ING, SON are brilliant) but most of those slow songs live might not sound good with dave. moreover, useless and BOAG were preaty poor during the singles tour IMO. home, the bottom line, the love thieves, sister of night, as well as, only when i lose myself and surrender from upcoming single were performed by martin during dm and c2 tours. it seemed that martin enjoyed to perform them very much. i would like to see remastered ultra with martin's vocals some day. some more opinions?
guncha
DMMB Veteran

Postby jendymode » Wed Mar 10, 2004 6:50 pm

i think not. he does a few songs that are good. but for the most part..his vocals are best in the back ground.
jendymode

Postby arden » Fri Mar 12, 2004 8:35 am

I'm not sure if it's great idea. Even though I'm a great fan of Martin's voice I didn't appreciate eg Love Thieves sung by him more than by Dave. Also Surrender isn't my fave...he seems to sing these songs exactly like Dave did - same accents, intonation and stuff.

As Ultra is my fave album I'd leave it like it is. Except Sister of Night - better by MLG imo. Image
arden

Postby the_mosters_guy » Sat Mar 13, 2004 4:32 am

What a useless topic it is! I don't undrestand the point! Dave is the best and thats all. He can write, he can sing, he can everything he wants!
the_mosters_guy

Postby strange88 » Sat Mar 13, 2004 9:05 am

i think your being here is useless...please go back to paper monsters forum..please!
DON'T MAKE ME ANGRY!!!!
strange88

Postby Rhianna » Sat Mar 13, 2004 10:40 am

I think I'll start going over to the Dave forum and talking about how great Martin is now. Image (Not)

For my opinion...

It's hard to imagine Ultra only sung by Martin because we already have grown to love it with Dave. I think Martin could do it if he wanted to... he has a wonderful voice. He's already proven to us with "Loverman" he can do a lot more than just ballads. It's not a question of if he can do other things with his voice.

He can. It's just that Dave was the one who played that role for main vocals and Martin just stuck with ballads. Never know, if DM do that next album together, which I think they will, Martin may take on more aggresive vocals as well.
Rhianna

Postby Darkroom » Sat Mar 13, 2004 2:31 pm

Surrender has been mentioned and I must say I love it MUCH more with Dave's vocals, cos his voice is 'darker' and fits better with the mood of the song.
Don't touch Ultra! Image
Darkroom

Postby acinommoni » Sat Mar 13, 2004 3:58 pm

I like ULTRA how it is!
Live performances are different, I admit SON SURRENDER I leki sung by Martin too but album is perfect so.
acinommoni
DMMB Elder

Postby Miss Kaleid » Sun Mar 14, 2004 10:17 am

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Darkroom:
Don't touch Ultra! Image<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree Image Ultra is simply perfect, I love it like it is. It means so much to me ... I wouldn't change a single note.
Miss Kaleid

Postby Ilse101 » Sun Mar 14, 2004 3:13 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Darkroom:
Don't touch Ultra! Image<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I second that. It's great just the way it is.
Ilse101
DMMB Elder

Next

Return to Martin L. Gore - Counterfeit2