Confessions of a Gahanist

A forum for Martin's "Counterfeit2" project. Please post Depeche Mode threads in the Depeche Mode forum.

Postby arden » Tue Mar 02, 2004 1:10 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sugarstar:

Did you know I was a Gahanist untill the release of ONIP?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Image Image Image

ahhh...sugar!

(good you're with us now Image Image).

And don't forget the deal: you take Johnny! Image
arden

Postby sugarstar » Tue Mar 02, 2004 2:17 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by arden:

Image Image Image

ahhh...sugar!

(good you're with us now Image Image).

And don't forget the deal: you take Johnny! Image<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh no you didnt! (you rollin eyes at your own sis???)

And Johnny is mine Image
sugarstar

Postby sugarstar » Tue Mar 02, 2004 2:22 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by gottaluvgahan:
So in honor of my new appreciation for C2 post your story about C2:
Did you like it straight away?
Did you warm up to it?
Were you like me?
Or do you still dislike it?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok I think you have to be in the right mood to like C2 right away.
Which I was when I bought and listened to it for the first time.
In fact, I liked the album A LOT, and SO had the same opinion.
(I liked it more than Exciter, for example)
I didn't like all of the songs all that much right away, but most of them, yes.
The last song (for the love of God I cant remember the name right now) moved me to tears even (and Im not a crybaby).
However, I don't really listen to it very often. I do have to be in the right mood for it, but I love it anyway.
sugarstar

Postby sugarstar » Tue Mar 02, 2004 3:43 pm

Candy says! The last song.
sugarstar

Postby acinommoni » Tue Mar 02, 2004 4:55 pm

I bought C2 one day before Martin's concert and I liked it but probably the show and live version of songs made me appreciate it.
I like most of songs and I think it's a good cover album.
acinommoni
DMMB Elder

Postby Rhianna » Tue Mar 02, 2004 11:04 pm

Converted indeed. Image

I was a Dave fan way back as well, in the very beginning. Dave was the frontman and grabbed the most attention.

Also.. back then... I thought Dave wrote the lyrics (funny thought now). Image With time I learned more. Dave is an amazing frontman, but I've always been the type of gal who likes what's behind the scenes more and truly appreciate the music/lyrics, which is why my attention focused on the heart of Depeche- Martin Gore.

I liked C2 right away. It has so many layers to it. It is understandable that it takes time to appreciate it all. I think that C2 is far from boring if you are a listener who truly listens. The details put into the music is what I truly love. The music is so rich! Martin's voice shines so well on this album as well. Songs like "Loverman" we've never heard him do before! It's exciting to hear the demand and roughness in his voice, while still keeping that smooth Gore sound we all love. He comes through with flying colors on this album, giving us not only the wonderful music and vocals, but also the emotion. The emotion is what makes it all real. Without that emotion, none of it would move me.

To those who don't really have an opinion of C2- I suggest listening to it at night when you are relaxed, preferably with headphones. Pay attention to nothing but the album...

You'll hear it differently. Image
Rhianna

Postby broken120 » Wed Mar 03, 2004 2:41 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by gottaluvgahan:
I have to come clean. I never gave C2 a chance. I heard it a couple times but could never get into it. But wait, before you flame me....

...I played it today and I really do like it. Can you believe it took me this long to appreciate it? I must have been in the right mindset because it was speaking to me right from track 1.

I like loverman. Is that Mart talking in the song? Well, I guess it would be.

Am I becoming a Goregirl? Maybe... I got equal love for dem boffs! But wait, I still find pre-Ultra Mart unattractive. I stand firm on that. Image

So in honor of my new appreciation for C2 post your story about C2:
Did you like it straight away?
Did you warm up to it?
Were you like me?
Or do you still dislike it? (Post a valid reason why and NO FLAMES)

I think I didn't like it before because they weren't Mart's words.

Here's the irony of the whole thing - I listened to it on the way back from the "Live Monsters" screening. I was looking for PM, couldn't find it, and gave Marty another chance. Image It's a beautiful thing...

(I know Sugarstar and Arden will welcome me with open arms Image, or else smack me for being so stubborn for so long Image - and then welcome me Image)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Gottaluvgore Image<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
i'm glad that you like counterfeit2.i think its better than dave gahan's paper monsters.that's my thought
broken120
ignoring the F.A.Q.

Postby anagahan » Wed Mar 03, 2004 3:51 pm

oh, well...let me contribute something to this thread....uhmmm, tho' maybe you dont expect ME to post here but...things happen..

confession time:
I've always been a Gahan fan (and still am)..I fell for Dave straightway and I dont think that there's anything that could change the fact about Dave being my favorite..but there's this thing that happened with the solo projects..I sometimes hate to admit this, but I've always been an honest person and I never claim some things to be the way they arent just for the sake of something...when I first heard PM, I got to say that I actually couldnt listen to the entire album at once..I had to do some skip-songs or fast forwards because I was actually sort of disappoint from the album...I dont say I dont like it, 'coz I do and with time I sort of like it more and more...but its something different from the Dave from DM...Dave solo isnt the Dave I used to know...the songs on PM are quite simple and not full of emotions as the DM songs he used to perform...its only HIS VOICE which I still adore like I used to, but when it comes to the album..ahhh, not sooo good
then, here comes the COunterfiet....I didn't fell for it straightway, (I actually have heard some songs on the radio first, and downloaded most of them before I actually got my copy of Counterfiet)...and what can I say...that's the DM sound I love...the lyrics, the darkness, the music...Counterfiet is an album that I can listen from beginning to the end without skipping a song (except maybe "Candy Says") but all the other songs are something where I can really find myself....my favorite was probably "I cast a lonesome shadow" but ever since I heard "In my other world" I simply got addicted to it...its soooo damn beautiful...I just cant explain it...I can put it on repeat and listen to it over and over and over and over again...I can also put on repeat Loverman & In my Time of Dying & Stardust & I cast a lonesome shadow....
Loving Counterfiet more than PM wont make me a less Gaha-fan than I've been...Dave still stays the favorite-man...its just that there's something in him...dont know what are the right words for it...but something in his charisma (I guess you Gore-fans dont feel it, but I do Image) and for an example, when I see them performing live (like ONIP) it's Dave who always has the main role in performing the great atmosphere for me..something in his gestures and movements and smiles and the way he is connected with the audience...I dont say that Martin isnt good on stage...I love him too, but still Dave is the GOD for me there (its only a pity that Andy is always left out from all that fun, but that's his job, anyway...behind the keboards) Image

uhhhh....I wanted to write something short but...uhmmm well, confessions can be really long Image

I think I was clear about what I said...now, this whole post is too long and I dont really feel like re-reading it in order to check my grammar/spelling mistakes...so if there are any, I am forgiven, RIGHT? Image
anagahan

Location: Macedonia; Where angels sing and spread their wings....

Postby sugarstar » Wed Mar 03, 2004 4:03 pm

*falls off the chair laughing*

Image Image Image

Is this THE longest post in the history of the board or what?

LMFAO!

*tear*

Ana, you crazy nutcase, you outdid yourself!
sugarstar

Postby sugarstar » Wed Mar 03, 2004 4:04 pm

*still laughing*
sugarstar

PreviousNext

Return to Martin L. Gore - Counterfeit2