Confessions of a Gahanist

A forum for Martin's "Counterfeit2" project. Please post Depeche Mode threads in the Depeche Mode forum.

Postby gottaluvgahan » Mon Mar 01, 2004 11:12 pm

I have to come clean. I never gave C2 a chance. I heard it a couple times but could never get into it. But wait, before you flame me....

...I played it today and I really do like it. Can you believe it took me this long to appreciate it? I must have been in the right mindset because it was speaking to me right from track 1.

I like loverman. Is that Mart talking in the song? Well, I guess it would be.

Am I becoming a Goregirl? Maybe... I got equal love for dem boffs! But wait, I still find pre-Ultra Mart unattractive. I stand firm on that. Image

So in honor of my new appreciation for C2 post your story about C2:
Did you like it straight away?
Did you warm up to it?
Were you like me?
Or do you still dislike it? (Post a valid reason why and NO FLAMES)

I think I didn't like it before because they weren't Mart's words.

Here's the irony of the whole thing - I listened to it on the way back from the "Live Monsters" screening. I was looking for PM, couldn't find it, and gave Marty another chance. Image It's a beautiful thing...

(I know Sugarstar and Arden will welcome me with open arms Image, or else smack me for being so stubborn for so long Image - and then welcome me Image)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Gottaluvgore Image
gottaluvgahan
DMMB Survivor

Postby saexciter » Mon Mar 01, 2004 11:43 pm

@gottaluvgahan

I'm so happy that you finally "love" this album! It's never to late for the "Loverman"! BTW you should get the "Loverman" EP+DVD! I just got it about 2 weeks ago and it is amazing although I do have four shows on DVd already it is always nice to see the official footage with the mastered sound! Don't you love "Candy Says"?! nothing but the word "beautiful" comes to mind when I think of this song! Image
saexciter
DMMB Survivor

Postby IFeeILoved » Mon Mar 01, 2004 11:59 pm

@gottaluv(whoeveryouchoose),
I'm glad you finally discovered C2 Image welcome to our little world Image
IFeeILoved

Postby gottaluvgahan » Tue Mar 02, 2004 12:06 am

@ saexciter - It is very pretty. I'm listening now.

I guess I'll be listening voraciously for the next couple days at least. I will get the DVD.
gottaluvgahan
DMMB Survivor

Postby saexciter » Tue Mar 02, 2004 12:14 am

@gottaluvgahan

email me at saexciter@lycos.com and I will send you some live stuff from Martin's tour so you can hear how emotional he get's during the songs! unless you already have some stuff? Image
saexciter
DMMB Survivor

Postby ULTRAGIRL » Tue Mar 02, 2004 8:55 am

Shoot me now - it bored me to tears on first listen but it's steady growing on me...albeit very steadily. Maybe I'm just in the wrong frame of mind when I put it on. The same sort of thing happened with Ultra and now I love it. Image
ULTRAGIRL
DMMB Survivor

Postby sugarstar » Tue Mar 02, 2004 9:44 am

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by gottaluvgahan:

(I know Sugarstar and Arden will welcome me with open arms Image, or else smack me for being so stubborn for so long Image - and then welcome me Image)
Gottaluvgore Image<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Image Image

Better late than never.
Have tonns of work to do, will reply to your Qs properly later.

Did you know I was a Gahanist untill the release of ONIP?

Ya you heard right. It was only then that I got converted to Goreism. But now there's no doubt, Im one of the extremely devout Image

J'adore M.L.Gore Image
sugarstar

Postby CrispyNeptune » Tue Mar 02, 2004 9:56 am

I didn't like C2 straight away,I found it a bit boring at first but then I got completely hooked up!It started growing on me a few months ago,when I was through a bad period and listening to songs like Lost In The Stars or Candy Says helped me a lot and moved me to tears several times...All I have to do now is thanking Mart for this beautiful album I always put on when I need to relax!
CrispyNeptune

Postby arden » Tue Mar 02, 2004 12:56 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by gottaluvgahan:

Gottaluvgore Image<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Welcome to the church of Gorists!! Image

Good mood here so no smacking Image

I'm glad you found way home finally! I'm sure the longer you'll listen to it the more you'll like it.

It's a specific album. Vocal is not everything. Pay attention to the harmonical electronic sounds and find the perfection in playlist.

Loverman was my first big fave as my close friend played it for me before I got the cd myself. But than, when my mom bought it for me on the day I passed my entrance Uni exams, I discovered the whole beauty of it.

I didn't like all songs at the begining but now, after over 9 months the entire album grew in me to the level I can't pic favourite song. Image Image

Have fun, gotta! Image Image
arden

Next

Return to Martin L. Gore - Counterfeit2