Solo Martin

A forum for Martin's "Counterfeit2" project. Please post Depeche Mode threads in the Depeche Mode forum.

Postby anabcn » Sat Jan 31, 2004 5:23 pm

I really thank you Martin this second solo project. I did enjoy your Counterfeit e.p. and now so much strongly your Counterfeit2.
Distance can’t estrange the best way to be online. I really thank your videos of “A night with Martinâ€￾. My eyes become bright when I see them. The best reward actually would the full concert in Dvd. An unfeasible dream, a second tour with stop in Barcelona. Should you whisper a song too my ear?
... You can take your time
I'll be waiting in line
You don't even have to give me
The time of day...
anabcn

Postby guncha » Sat Feb 07, 2004 4:23 am

it is always nice to get some new songs from gore and the tour for the first time. i hope to see him touring again some day because 3 solo songs by matrin during dm tours is not enough for me.
guncha
DMMB Veteran

Postby anabcn » Sat Feb 07, 2004 5:06 am

Oh yes!!! I was so unlucky by not being able to go to any european performance Image, and I hope one day (not so far, maybe) I'll have this opportunity! I'm not sure if my heart would resist that.
anabcn

Postby kitty31 » Wed Feb 18, 2004 3:26 pm

My biggest regret in the world is having not flown 3000 miles to LA, skipped court for the kid i put in foster care, and paid hundreds of dollars for airfair and hotels to see Martin.

I could just kick myself....nothing would have made me happier.

You are right, three songs at a DM show is not enough. maybe that's why i see 3-4 shows on the same tour....
kitty31

Postby Afgyhy » Sat Feb 21, 2004 6:23 pm

Home is just the best song!! I almost cry everytime i hear it, espessially when he sings it live!
Afgyhy
sort of read the F.A.Q.

Postby the_mosters_guy » Tue Feb 24, 2004 2:20 am

Martin did his solo because Dave was going to wirite and tour too. Martin is not a solo artists because he is only covering his songs.
the_mosters_guy

Postby the_mosters_guy » Tue Feb 24, 2004 2:22 am

Sorry, covering other artist songs and using past of DM.
the_mosters_guy

Postby IFeeILoved » Tue Feb 24, 2004 2:51 am

1). martin has a total right to use the past of dm as he wrote all the songs he used, unlike dave
2). martin did his solo because he just wanted to cover his fav songs, and if you don't like it it's not his problem, i think he couldn't care less. he did it for himself and his own enjoyment, and the fact that some people loved it is just a nice bonus
3). there are hundreds of artists who never write the songs they sing, they are not solo artists then? who are they? Image
4). i feel so stupid replying to this topic but still couldn't resist
Image Image
IFeeILoved

Postby Nane » Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:28 am

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by IFeeILoved:
4). i feel so stupid replying to this topic but still couldn't resist
Image Image<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No you’re not, and I go with you... Image

@ the_mosters_guy, such judgement is quite injustified. And before all, did you see Martin show ?

Martin started his “solo processâ€￾ (I mean Counterfeit ep) long before Dave, for his own pleasure to cover his musical heros. The second solo album project was in his mind for long time and this “breakâ€￾ (Dave’s own album) was a chance to do it, without “usingâ€￾ DM time…

Martin is a complete solo artist for me and he always acted with honesty regarding DM and his solo experience (not using DM songs on his dvd live for exemple…)
Nane

Next

Return to Martin L. Gore - Counterfeit2