a solo album with songs written by Gore

A forum for Martin's "Counterfeit2" project. Please post Depeche Mode threads in the Depeche Mode forum.

Postby arden » Wed Mar 03, 2004 8:47 am

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MK:
I like your posts, Arden <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks! Image

Same to you (on both forums Image). We seem to agree in most points, don't we? Image

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> ... ahhh, Arden, you really missed something! Next time Martin goes on tour make sure to go!!! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Promise!!! Image

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Originally posted by jendymode:
what i like about daves cd....i love the varying tones of voice we can hear,soft and serene,rough and tough,higher pitched,deep and sensual. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do we talk about dave bowie or whom???? Image

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> and speaking his mind in interviews that you did not agree with..not a reason to judge someones work. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We're not judging his work through his words angle. We can only notice his Mode attitude (sooo harsh) and comment his respect to MLG and fans (or rather the lack of it Image).
And we doubt if he can make any success leaving DM and offending fans like he does in every interview.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Posted by Rhianna:
Blah...

That pretty much sums up how I feel with the Martin-bashing.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Heh... Image

Dunno why I ised to thought you were anti-Mart, hmm Image
arden

Postby Rhianna » Wed Mar 03, 2004 10:44 am

You thought I was "anti-Mart"? hahahaha

I've been a Gore girl as long as I've been on these boards. Image
Rhianna

Postby Miss Kaleid » Wed Mar 03, 2004 11:36 am

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by steventoo:
I would hope that Martin does not continue producing "Exciter" type albums that Counterfeit 2 continuously reminds me of.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

... maybe they should change producer Image

Well, honestly it's PM that has always reminded me of Exciter ... and that's not a good thing Image

Martin singing WIMS? I thought he was brilliant, very moving indeed. I liked his version better than David's.

Nobody wants Mart to replace David, he doesn't need to: he's different, obviously, but that's not a handicap ... that's why I like him Image
Miss Kaleid

Postby Miss Kaleid » Wed Mar 03, 2004 11:39 am

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by arden:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MK:
I like your posts, Arden <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks! Image

Same to you (on both forums Image). We seem to agree in most points, don't we?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Image Image
Miss Kaleid

Postby Miss Kaleid » Wed Mar 03, 2004 11:47 am

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by arden:
So maybe it's better to let them go?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sometimes I feel exactly the same. But then I think that apparently DM come up with their best albums when their relationships are so tense that they almost split up ...Image
Miss Kaleid

Postby Nane » Thu Mar 04, 2004 1:16 am

I don’t belive in a real reconciliation between DM members, which allow Martin to express his whole creativity.
To give birth to a new album Martin, Dave and Andy should be on the same wavelength emotionally and musically.
If Dave want to take a new way at 40 and to assume his desires of creativity, it’s pretty normal and I respect him for that ; to take few risks, beyond the confortable side… But he just have to tell it, things will be clearer and easier then.

As I wrote long ago, I’m sure Martin could go his own way with an album and sing his own songs, because he’s so much talented ! He could plan a new musical adventure, exciting, find his true wide-spreading, if it is his wish…

The way he performed DM songs was beyond all I’ve heard before ; wonderful !
He really made strong impression on many people, with such a deepness, soul in his interpretations.

Language and music are mirrors, what I saw in, made my life full of amazing joy and I just belive, I’m born at the good time… Martin gave us so much without knowing it. He is a bliss giver and make this life livable… I strongly hope he’ll do it again and again…
His words, his voice, his melodies… My universe…
Nane

Postby jendymode » Thu Mar 04, 2004 1:38 pm

from brat:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I taped the in store (and the few moments of the theater - the video isn't that great).

He also made a statement DM fans will like to hear.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
jendymode

Previous

Return to Martin L. Gore - Counterfeit2