Candy Says

A forum for Martin's "Counterfeit2" project. Please post Depeche Mode threads in the Depeche Mode forum.

Postby saexciter » Tue Jan 20, 2004 3:42 pm

Latley I've found myself listening to this over and over because the other night I had a dream that we had a DM party at my house and I kept hearing "Candy Says" in the background. Kinda weird huh?! But every time I hear this song I start to get a little teary-eyed. Image What a great song this is! Image

"..I'm going to watch the bluebirds fly.."
saexciter
DMMB Survivor

Postby Rhianna » Tue Jan 20, 2004 3:53 pm

It is beautiful, like all of C2. Image

I rarely have DM-related dreams, though I did have one this past summer that was odd. All I did was hear the song playing continuously in my dream... over and over and over...

I woke up with it in my head wanting to hear it so bad. No visions... just music. Like I had been awake but with my eyes closed the entire night just enjoying the song. The song was "Oh My Love". I was in an incredible mood that day. I want more music dreams.
Rhianna

Postby what_ever » Wed Jan 21, 2004 5:25 am

@ saexciter :

Do you know the original version by the Velvet Underground ? I like the C² version but not as much as i love the original one.
what_ever

Postby broken120 » Wed Jan 21, 2004 12:20 pm

all the songs are fantastic
broken120
ignoring the F.A.Q.

Postby DarkMode » Sat Jan 24, 2004 6:44 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by what_ever:
@ saexciter :

Do you know the original version by the Velvet Underground ? I like the C² version but not as much as i love the original one.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
The Velvets were gods! I'm a big fan! Image

Marcel
DarkMode
DMMB Veteran

Postby super_pi » Sun Jan 25, 2004 5:23 am

It's indeed an excellent song, just like all of Counterfeit 2. I still haven't heard the original by Velvet Underground, but I'll be looking for it.
super_pi
DMMB Survivor

Postby CrispyNeptune » Sun Jan 25, 2004 2:54 pm

[quote]Originally posted by saexciter:
But every time I hear this song I start to get a little teary-eyed. Image What a great song this is! Image

QUOTE]

That's the effect it has on me too!That "dooo doo doo uhh ahh" outro always bring tears to my eyes!!
CrispyNeptune

Postby alanofsavage? » Sun Jan 25, 2004 8:14 pm

I always sing this song when I'm sad. I always get emotional when I hear it. It's a good song to mope to.
alanofsavage?

Postby Dragoonalex » Fri Jan 30, 2004 8:42 am

Durning the time I had surgery I remmber dreaming about going to a party that keep playing Candy Says and Stardust. When I was on the way home from the hospital Candy Says was on the radio. Then druing my second surgery the same dream and the same song on the radio.

Crazy but it made me feel better!!!! Image
Dragoonalex

Postby Padan.Fein » Sat Jan 31, 2004 11:51 pm

Candy says is geunius song!Martin sings it very...very.. Image
Padan.Fein
DMMB Veteran

Next

Return to Martin L. Gore - Counterfeit2