MARTIN GORE

A forum for Martin's "Counterfeit2" project. Please post Depeche Mode threads in the Depeche Mode forum.

Postby brak108 » Wed Jan 21, 2004 8:32 pm

possibly, maybe, he could compare to matthew good...

although, matthew good isn't quite as emo (emotional) as martin gore, matthew good is a bit more political...

if you mix robert smith and matthew good together, you'll get martin gore... or matthew smith, or robert good...
brak108
DMMB Survivor

Postby robert M » Wed Sep 15, 2004 2:43 am

He' s Martin Gore, that' s unique and that' s why I like the man !"People are like fingerprints. . ."
robert M
ignoring the F.A.Q.

Postby ayakano » Fri Oct 15, 2004 1:55 am

Vince Clark seems to be on the same "style" ...

Well, Vince Clark writes other feelings with others words ... but musicaly, in my opinion, he is very close to ML Gore ...

They both often play minor keys and they have this way to play with keys, with words, to create a nice feeling in songs, to create beauty that bring them closer ...

Maybe the first creations together (Speak & Spell) can explain that ... Have they been mutually influenced ?

Maybe their beautiful and effective simplicity to create songs is a coincidence ...

When i listen to Erasure or dm, i sometimes feel the same esthetic pleasure due to words sounds and keys ...

Maybe as i am french i am very sensible to this resemblance ... It is over songs senses and more in the esthetic (esthesic :icon_roll ) impact ...

Well, their music sound good ! That's what i can say ! :icon_wink

ayakano

Postby Rhianna » Fri Oct 15, 2004 4:20 am

ayakano wrote:Maybe as i am french i am very sensible to this resemblance ... It is over songs senses and more in the esthetic (esthesic :icon_roll ) impact ...[/align]

Well, their music sound good ! That's what i can say ! :icon_wink

Hrrmmmm, realllllly. Maybe it is because you are French (ooh-la-la). You lost me on the Vince and Martin resemblance, but got me thinking about that "songs senses and more in the esthetic..."

I don't listen to Erasure near as much as I do DM. Erasure lacks the darkness, though it does have it's sappy moments, like "Ship of Fools." God I love that song.
Rhianna

Postby ayakano » Sat Oct 16, 2004 12:58 am

I love Erasure as much as Depeche Mode ... :icon_smil

I love their melodies, sounds and all the feelings they gave me: joy, emotion, sadness, dreams, sensuality, fun, excitations ...

Lyrics with Erasure are ... different ... :icon_smil
But love is the main theme !

Bonne musique ! ;)
ayakano

Postby Reemo03 » Mon Oct 18, 2004 7:23 am

Would it be a stretch to say his deep, groovy, hypnotic style sometimes shares a similar...um..."thing" ("approach" might be the word) with the writing of Alan Parsons Project?

(Seriously...think about it. It's kinda spooky, but true I feel. I can seriously hear Martin singing Eye In The Sky/Don't Answer Me/If I Could Read Your Mind, etc...)

Or how 'bout this?....Close your eyes and try to imagine Mart singin' England Dan And John Ford Coley's "Sad To Belong".......spookily possible, is it not? ;)
"The world we live in and life in general.....all the way up in ya."
Reemo03

Location: Indianapolis, Indiana (corn...soybeans...cows...We have it all.)

Postby Voev_kr » Fri Oct 29, 2004 11:37 pm

Dimitar Павлов Voev [size=84](RIP)[/size]He was little influenced by Martin's music,but you can be sure-quite not enough.Even though he was deserving of being compared with M.Gore.

His music is touching and I'm so sorry I'm never going to be able to listen to NG live.PITY!
Voev_kr
DMMB Member

Postby depechelove » Wed Dec 08, 2004 1:23 am

Well guys,i love 'Ship of fools' too,but Martin is unique. He can't be compared even with Jim Morrison (God bless him for his lyrics).
depechelove

Previous

Return to Martin L. Gore - Counterfeit2