Bohemian Rhapsody (2018) motion picture

Topics not related to Depeche Mode.

Bohemian Rhapsody (2018) motion picture

Postby dicecrusher » Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:24 pm

I thoroughly enjoyed the "Bohemian Rhapsody" movie. Rami Malek was magnificent as Freddie Mercury. Fun to see the film getting some Oscar nominations too. While they took some dramatic license in telling the story, I appreciated the approach they took in making the band's history and their music accessible to a broad audience. I am aware of some of the historical inaccuracies, but the Live Aid finale was great.

Since the movie has done so well ($800+ million worldwide), I suspect the movie studios will look to replicate the success of "Bohemian Rhapsody" by green lighting similar motion pictures. I think a Depeche Mode movie would be awesome as there's a lot to work with: Vince Clarke's departure, being the first arena rock band to exclusively perform with synths/keyboards, Alan Wilder joining/leaving, Dave's near death experiences, Devotional Tour excess, signing with a non-traditional label (Mute), etc. It would all be compelling if told properly.
dicecrusher

Re: Bohemian Rhapsody (2018) motion picture

Postby JSJ » Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:23 am

Been listening to a lot of Queen stuff recently, but haven't got round to watching the film yet (but planning to.)
JSJ

Return to Not DM Related