Music Played at 432 hz

Topics not related to Depeche Mode.

Music Played at 432 hz

Postby Deprocyon » Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:53 am

I watched (and listened to) moby's song «The Sorrow Tree» on YT which had been posted at 432hz instead of the industry standard of 440hz, pitched back to the normal tonal 440 speed pitch. I was intrigued as I had not really heard of 432hz before (I should have as much ancient and classical music was created to be played at 432hz: "Because 432 Hz gives a greater clarity than 440 Hz, there’s less need to play it as loud as 440 Hz. This means less hearing damage, as long as you put the volume not too high. Furthermore there’s also less noise pressure. Researchers and musicians, such as Coreen Morsink (pianist and music teacher), report that they feel calmer, happier and more relaxed when playing music at 432Hz").

Sooo I found a free app that converts your music of choice to 432hz and I first tried, of course, «Clean» off Violator and the track actually sounded, ahem, cleaner, more vibrant, more aurally resonant and yes it did play so clearly to my ears at a lower level of volume (a constant worry for me as I love my sounds, but I also like respecting my neighbours' sensibilities). That seminal track seemed to wend its way into my brain easier, especially the trilling red bird that sits in its dark tree and trills out its discordantly moreish songbite throughout most of "Clean" (I've always loved that bird).

Now, here's what the app's plug said about their free app:

"Welcome to the world of the 432 Player!
The 432hz community is rising.
Welcome to our home, the home of the natural tuning.
Creating the 432 Player together, us as developers and you as users.
We will try and answer any question, would love to discuss about anything and everything and take any advice and suggestion to our heart.
When we talk about music, we talk about clean [sic], pure sound.
The 432 Player is the only music player that to allows music lovers to listen to their music in the A=432hz tuning, with no adjustments needed, just press play and start feeling the vibes.
Our goal is to share our love for pure tuned vibrations with the 432hz community all over the globe.
We want everyone to enjoy it.
So, we made a version which is completely FREE, no poor half-baked app with expensive extras to purchase, just sit back and enjoy."

Now maybe I was sucked in by the shiny idea of a new "gimmick" and I was hearing things but after using the app all night listening to a disparate range of musics from DM to enya to Juliette Noureddine to The Orb's new album I do believe this app has merit. And no I am not the app's dev nor do I have any connexion with the devs but I do now have a just connexion with 432hz lol.

Here's their app page link below. It is free, doesn't have a premium version (promising) works on Android or iOS or PC. Give Violator a whirl on it and tell me what you think. Just remember you don't have to blast the music to feel the music. It really is different: https://www.432player.com/
Deprocyon

Re: Music Played at 432 hz

Postby member » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:57 am

I've heard that centuries ago music used to be played so that musicians tuned to a lower A than 440Hz, like what's done today. Interesting concept!
DMMB Survivor

Re: Music Played at 432 hz

Postby reverse-chronicles » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:33 pm

Before the 440Hz standard there were lots of tuning variations, however they were not giving you "clean" sound or anything like that. Moreover, a higher pitch makes your instrument sound brighter and louder thus giving you more dynamics to play with. This is why in music history there was a pitch inflation. After some time, however, singers couldn't sing as high and a standard was needed. However, there are modern concert pitches around the world that are a bit higher than 440.

There's no special magical note or pitch.
All the best,
Denis M.
reverse-chronicles

Return to Not DM Related