chester bennington

Topics not related to Depeche Mode.

Re: chester bennington

Postby PanaVee » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:36 am

i didn't know that... this must be the pic you are referring to http://www.rtl2.fr/culture/depeche-mode ... 7787465266
PanaVee
DMMB Veteran

Postby Hope4 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:48 pm

dicecrusher wrote:I am hoping too that DM does something to recognize LP and Chester. Wasn't there a photo earlier this of Dave in the recording studio holding a sign about LP's new single "Heavy"? And Chester was singing "Pain...will you return it?" (from Strangelove) with the audience during the bridge of "Bleed It Out" during their concert in Las Vegas earlier this year.

I couldn't agree more. About two months ago, when LP took over DM's Facebook page, I was thrilled. I had no idea, that the other huge musical influence in my life (LP) was a big fan of DM. BTW, I loved that Strangelove/Bleed-It-Out mash up:
https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video. ... 0050329%2F
When I found out that LP was touring this summer I was on cloud 9 - I had already tix for DM and bought immediately tix for LP too. My two hero's live in one summer!!!
I ended up going to a memorial instead last week. I'm still deeply heartbroken and only the outlook of DM later this year keeps me going.
I really wish DM would release a statement or would mention Chester in their concerts, and remind people to support each other.

#RIPchester
Hope4

Postby blasko66 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:18 pm

As an LP fan since their first album, it's been difficult.
That community is having a difficult time of it.
blasko66
sort of read the F.A.Q.

Postby Hope4 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:53 pm

blasko66 wrote:As an LP fan since their first album, it's been difficult.
That community is having a difficult time of it.

Very true. Music always has been a big part of my life - my addiction of choice. So yes, I have more than one band in my heart. No doubt that Depeche Mode will always be number one, but Linkin Park isn't far behind. The entire LP community is seriously suffering. Many struggle with depression. I see many finding comfort each other's support.

Chester was a huge Depeche Mode fan, which was publicly know. (see his reaction to choose between DM and the band he was touring with at the time: https://youtu.be/fMRaijM8CVw?t=1m27s) So a statement from the DM, a shout out, a dedication to Chester could be comfort for many who are struggling with grief so badly.

- Hope4
#RIPchester

If you or anyone you know needs to talk to Suicide Prevention Lifeline, call 1-800-273-TALK (US-only)
Hope4

Postby member » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:22 am

Yes, I'm sure that would be helpful!
DMMB Survivor

Postby Hope4 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:34 pm

All,

During the memorial concert about a week ago, they showed a video of stars paying their respects to Chester Bennington. I couldn't have been more thrilled to see Dave's face, addressing the band and all LP fans! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BayvDAHl3QE/

I truly hope this brought the same comfort to you as it did for me!

- Hope4
Hope4

Postby alicedm » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:33 am

It's still hard to believe...can't believe he's gone.
He was a huge creative influence.

RIP Chester.
Somebody.
My depeche mode blog
alicedm
sort of read the F.A.Q.

Postby katdm » Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:48 pm

Almost 8 months later and it's still devastating. And difficult to talk about. But I'll try. Bear with me, there is a lot to unravel.
A part of me - and probably my mom as well - is surprised that his death affects me the way it does. After all, I have never described myself as an LP fan....so why should I care that much, eh?
Another part of me understands that it's normal to feel this way. I have an emotional connection to some of their songs. I'm not going to name them, I'm just going to mention that they've helped me get through some bad times during my teenage years.

Don't know if I dealt with the news of Chester's passing properly. I went numb the evening I heard the unfortunate news. Was numb for a good part of the next day, too.
Then I left my hometown because I was going to see Mode live. Saw them live, they were amazing. However, that didn't mean that he didn't cross my mind at all during that weekend. I couldn't help but think about the fact that he loved them too. I decided it would be better for me if I remembered him for that, the music...and not for his demise.

Unfortunately, I couldn't do that yet. People around me were calling him selfish for taking his own life. Heck, one of them was my father. I wasn't surprised to see that coming from his mouth...but that doesn't mean that hearing it didn't hurt like being crushed by a ton of bricks.
Or that it didn't gave me flashbacks to one of those bad times from my teens. Or that I didn't feel crushed at all when he ignored me saying that Bennington's passing might have something to do with childhood abuse. (I know more than you on that subject. Do you just dismiss me because you're drunk? Because you always find a bone to pick with me when you are drunk?)

Months passed and I kept trying to deal with it (be it by listening to LP or not)....until late January, when I managed to properly open up to one of my friends, who is more into Linkin Park than I'll ever be. We both talked about how we dealt with the news, we both admitted that we miss him (even though I admitted that I mostly imply it instead of saying it out loud)....and I'm pretty sure we would've both cried had the conversation been face to face.

I hope I'm going to be more honest about my feelings in the future, especially the negative ones. Cause I feel like that's the best way I could honor his memory. Or, I dunno, make him proud.

RIP Chester Bennington
katdm
DMMB Survivor

Previous

Return to Not DM Related