Any Cure Fans?

Topics not related to Depeche Mode.

Postby 'Bmode » Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:19 pm

Intermode I am NOT a "MR New Jersey, USA" I AM a "MS New Jersey, USA" LOLOLOLOLOL. My sweetheart will tell you I AM ALL WOMAN. And yes I do absolutely love to travel! Nice to meet you, Intermode. :)
'Bmode
DMMB Survivor

Postby intermode » Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:19 pm

My mistake. Apologies 'Bmode :) Just saw your post and your location seemed at odds... I mean who comes to Perth anyway...Melbourne, Sydney yeah sure...anyway no synths that night..left the tracks lacking in their emotional impact... still, Pictures of You was a major highlight amongst others, though it must be time to tone down the make-up eh..I mean Robert did look slightly ludicrous in his scary clown get up lol
intermode

Postby 'Bmode » Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:57 pm

No worries intermode. Yeah Pictures of You was really good. And I agree with you Robert needs to tone down the make up. 20 years ago it was just fine but now it's the 2000s. Someone needs to tell Robert the 80s are over. LOL.
'Bmode
DMMB Survivor

Postby Salila » Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:20 pm

Rhianna wrote:There is (was) a reason behind the gothed-out hair, red lipstick, eye makeup and pasty image. Rob, the big goth teddy bear, had said he didn't do well in front of crowds initially. So he did himself up and felt more comfortable being stared at when he was performing.

That look is a trademark of The Cure. I couldn't imagine him being different on stage. Although I've seen the rare photos of him with no makeup, hair "normal" .... quite attractive. :)

I always wondered what he looked like under all that masking, and it surprised me to find out that he is very pretty.. he has these feminine features.. Sometimes the make-up adds to this when used very modestly, other times it's rather grotesque but in such a way that it's never hideous.. It's almost as if that 'secret something' gets highlighted underneath all that messyness ..

I was never into them until recently, apparently... I never knew there were two sides to them... Oddly enough (or not) I was oblivious to their dark, brooding side...
Salila

Postby Depechefan12 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:33 am

I really like The Cure. This past summer, I listened to "Disintegration" for the first time and I really liked that album. Just the combination of the atmospheric, introspective synths, big, pounding drums, and Robert Smith's guitar riffs and lyrics blew my mind the first time I heard it. I also really like "Just Like Heaven." That's a great song!
Depechefan12
DMMB Survivor

Postby nowhereman » Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:53 am

Depechefan12 wrote:I really like The Cure. This past summer, I listened to "Disintegration" for the first time and I really liked that album. Just the combination of the atmospheric, introspective synths, big, pounding drums, and Robert Smith's guitar riffs and lyrics blew my mind the first time I heard it. I also really like "Just Like Heaven." That's a great song!

Huge fan of that album, prbably their best.
nowhereman

Postby Depechefan12 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:31 pm

nowhereman wrote:Huge fan of that album, prbably their best.

Me too! I think it is their best too!
Depechefan12
DMMB Survivor

Postby Nina_80skid » Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:00 am

Love the cure..and the smiths
Nina_80skid

Postby Aphael » Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:31 pm

Depeche, The Cure and Dead Can Dance/Lisa Gerrard are all favorites hehe. They kinda rotate on the top three spots depending on my mood and who released something most recently.

Right now Dead Can Dance is on heavy repeat what with Anastasis and all. =)
Disclaimer: I don't necessarily agree with everything I think.
Aphael
DMMB Veteran

Postby intermode » Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:52 pm

Depechefan12 wrote:I really like The Cure. This past summer, I listened to "Disintegration" for the first time and I really liked that album. Just the combination of the atmospheric, introspective synths, big, pounding drums, and Robert Smith's guitar riffs and lyrics blew my mind the first time I heard it. I also really like "Just Like Heaven." That's a great song!

Just like Heaven is utterly gorgeous..they never wrote a more beautiful song. I went straight out and bought the single...and the next one.. Catch I think it was.
intermode

PreviousNext

Return to Not DM Related