Tributes to Michael Jackson - Part 2

Topics not related to Depeche Mode.

Postby Cheetara101 » Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:45 pm

FastFashion90 wrote:It just makes me so sad...that people would take an innocent person's life because of greed...

First time I ever heard that 911 call I thought...wait a second. Something isn't right. Why is this call taking so long? Why does the caller sound so calm, and like everything is okay? This cruel injustice is breaking my heart...and it will never be okay... :(

Hmmm...that's interesting. Now that you mentioned it, the caller was TOO calm for a situation like that. Yes, it makes me wonder too.:(:confused:
Twitter/YouTube: Cheetara101
Cheetara101

Postby Aurora » Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:49 pm

My heart breaks for his children right now. Seeing Paris speak at his memorial broke my heart in pieces :(
Instant Fangirl: Just Add Depeche Mode.
Aurora

Postby FastFashion90 » Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:45 pm

Aurora wrote:My heart breaks for his children right now. Seeing Paris speak at his memorial broke my heart in pieces :(
Haven't they confirmed that Janet offered to take care of Michael's children?

It's been three and a half weeks now but I still honestly cannot believe he's gone... :(
And when I squinted
The world seemed rose-tinted

FastFashion90

Postby Aurora » Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:08 pm

FastFashion90 wrote:Haven't they confirmed that Janet offered to take care of Michael's children?

As far as I'm aware, Katherine is going to be awarded permanent custody of them, but then again I haven't been keeping up with news lately, so...
Instant Fangirl: Just Add Depeche Mode.
Aurora

Postby SynthChick87 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:07 am

Nothing has really changed, they pushed the custody hearing to tomorrow, and the autopsy report won't come out for another 2 weeks...
I wish this would just be over with so the poor man can rest in peace. :(
TOTU Boston 2009- The best day of my life!
DMT NYC 2013- In Sept!

Jen
SynthChick87

Postby FastFashion90 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:07 am

SynthChick87 wrote:Nothing has really changed, they pushed the custody hearing to tomorrow, and the autopsy report won't come out for another 2 weeks...
I wish this would just be over with so the poor man can rest in peace. :(
Honestly...and they need to stop showing that burn video. It's sickening me. Seems as if the media is only poking fun at the entire incident. It tears me apart watching that...I feel sorry for the poor guy.

Media, go to hell.
And when I squinted

FastFashion90

Postby SynthChick87 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:16 am

FastFashion90 wrote:Honestly...and they need to stop showing that burn video. It's sickening me. Seems as if the media is only poking fun at the entire incident. It tears me apart watching that...I feel sorry for the poor guy.

Media, go to hell.

Now when I listen to 'Leave Me Alone', I'm pretty much giving the finger to the media as I sing along to it lol. That's how I felt about the Pepsi Burn vid too, its like exploiting a poor soul that's dead, and they don't care because he is dead and there's nothing that he can do about it.

One of the snotty 'journalists' from US Weekly who obtained the vid was asked where they got it from, because Pepsi said that they had nothing to do with it. She said 'A good journalist never gives up her sources'...and I was like 'Oh yeah? Well good journalists like Walter Cronkite never exploits another human being, they just report the truth'

I agree, unfortunately for being a Media Studies student, I wish for nothing more than the whole media system to go to Hell.
DMT NYC 2013- In Sept!

Jen
SynthChick87

Postby digerati_2005 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:03 pm

SynthChick87 wrote:Now when I listen to 'Leave Me Alone', I'm pretty much giving the finger to the media as I sing along to it lol. That's how I felt about the Pepsi Burn vid too, its like exploiting a poor soul that's dead, and they don't care because he is dead and there's nothing that he can do about it.

One of the snotty 'journalists' from US Weekly who obtained the vid was asked where they got it from, because Pepsi said that they had nothing to do with it. She said 'A good journalist never gives up her sources'...and I was like 'Oh yeah? Well good journalists like Walter Cronkite never exploits another human being, they just report the truth'

I agree, unfortunately for being a Media Studies student, I wish for nothing more than the whole media system to go to Hell.

Agreed. It was the media and the paparazzi that almost destroyed Britney Spears a while ago.
You know what the trouble about real life is? There's no danger music.
digerati_2005

Postby FastFashion90 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:47 am

Apparently Michael Jackson never agreed to do 50 shows...he only wanted to do 10...but his promoters and all the other people working for him (CONTROLLING him is a better word)[/B] starting selling tickets for 40 additional shows...and it was all against his wishes...

Makes me wonder what else these bastards were getting him to do...
And when I squinted

FastFashion90

Postby SynthChick87 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:56 am

Is anyone watching the Joe Jackson interview on Larry King on CNN?? Here are some things I found hilarious:

1. He has no idea where poor Michael is.
2. He has no idea about the 2nd autopsy results that the family asked for. That makes me love the Jacksons (minus Joe) even more because they have shut him out of everything!
3. He was surprised that Katherine is taking it so hard that her son is gone. How in the hell is that surprising? It was her child for god's sake, the grief I'm sure is unbareable.
4. He denied ever beating on Michael as a child. That's total BS.

Then...
Shocking allegations NOT from Joe Jackson, but from Leonard Rowe (he actually was good friends with MJ for 30 years as well as his financial contributor who was shut out by AEG), who accuses that AEG took hardcore advantage of MJ and they became the 'boss' of him...

I'm sure it will all come out tomorrow, but this show is very very shocking. AEG did play a role in his death somehow..ARGH I hate all of this!
DMT NYC 2013- In Sept!

Jen
SynthChick87

PreviousNext

Return to Not DM Related