Page 4 of 19

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:00 am
by DJ scribbles
Portishead wrote:Thanks. It is amazing how everyone on earth knows that video and yet there is nothing out there in the way of photos.


have you tried asking on any of the MJ forums? i'm sure there's got to be one fan out there with it, if not several

i subscribe to this woman who does the concept of "immortalizing" popular music by creating classical impressions of them. she did one for michael recently
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56HXarqNyIQ
billie jean and other songs becomes sad and heavy, in only the way a talented piano player could make it. i got a bit teary eyed :o

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:44 am
by FastFashion90
sherley wrote:As for any sites that insult him, I'm not going to bother. You can't change people's opinions if they've chosen to crucify him from Day 1.
Exactly...I totally deleted the person I had on my friendslist who said in his status update "Michael Jackson died today...thousands of children around the world are celebrating"

And as soon as I read that, I was like "FUCK YOU, OFF THE FRIENDSLIST." And he used to be a good friend of mine too. But not anymore...

On a different note, they're selling Michael Jackson t-shirts at Hot Topic now! And they're only $15-$20! (not too many options to choose from though)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:11 am
by RedCap
some useful links:
http://www.mjjpictures.com/main.html
(wonderful HD pics)

http://mjhideout.com/forum/
(amazing multimedia section, with lots of stuff to download)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:44 am
by DJ scribbles
RedCap wrote:some useful links:
http://www.mjjpictures.com/main.html
(wonderful HD pics)

http://mjhideout.com/forum/
(amazing multimedia section, with lots of stuff to download)


thanks, these are great!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:51 pm
by Halo Girl
FastFashion90 wrote:Exactly...I totally deleted the person I had on my friendslist who said in his status update "Michael Jackson died today...thousands of children around the world are celebrating"

And as soon as I read that, I was like "FUCK YOU, OFF THE FRIENDSLIST." And he used to be a good friend of mine too. But not anymore...

On a different note, they're selling Michael Jackson t-shirts at Hot Topic now! And they're only $15-$20! (not too many options to choose from though)


I have been lucky and all of my friends have been respectful. Some people at work tell jokes, but they know not to when I am around! Thanks for the info about Hot Topic, I will have to make a trip! I am still waiting for the two shirts I ordered from Bravado.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:59 pm
by Cheetara101
FastFashion90 wrote:Exactly...I totally deleted the person I had on my friendslist who said in his status update "Michael Jackson died today...thousands of children around the world are celebrating"

And as soon as I read that, I was like "FUCK YOU, OFF THE FRIENDSLIST." And he used to be a good friend of mine too. But not anymore...

On a different note, they're selling Michael Jackson t-shirts at Hot Topic now! And they're only $15-$20! (not too many options to choose from though)


@FastFashion90:
Some of my personal friends have made some screwed up comments about MJ and said he was a junkie. Yet these people claimed to be his fans. Even if he did have a prescription drug problem why trash his name after death? My close friends knew when I once suffered from addiction. Although, I cleaned up my act & love life now---it makes me wonder what they all have said behind my back.:confused:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:58 pm
by SynthChick87
Halo Girl wrote:I have been lucky and all of my friends have been respectful. Some people at work tell jokes, but they know not to when I am around! Thanks for the info about Hot Topic, I will have to make a trip! I am still waiting for the two shirts I ordered from Bravado.


What do the tee shirts look like?? Are they like pics of his shoes? Cuz I'd love to have one of that lol

Did anyone hear the new MJ track released by TMZ based on America's 'Horse With No Name?' I think it's called "A Place Without A Name"..it's pretty cool!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:02 pm
by EightHours
SynthChick87 wrote:What do the tee shirts look like?? Are they like pics of his shoes? Cuz I'd love to have one of that lol

Did anyone hear the new MJ track released by TMZ based on America's 'Horse With No Name?' I think it's called "A Place Without A Name"..it's pretty cool!

I heard a clip of it being played on CNN, it sounds pretty good I guess, not his best though

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:24 pm
by digerati_2005
It was pretty good for an unfinished track. I kinda wish it listed a date it was penned.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:31 pm
by digerati_2005
So I was kinda curious to see what other celebs were saying about MJ's death. Celebs that didn't hit the big news stands.

Check this out, it's from P!nk's twitter

Michael Jackson was one of the best that ever did it. RIP
8:11 PM Jun 25th from web

Today was a sad day in music, but it was a sweet night. Sydney and I dedicated our evening to the memory and genius of Michael Jackson.
6:27 AM Jun 26th from TwitterBerry

And my dancers all busted out his moves when I introduced them. My guitar player did the moonwalk in cowboy boots. It was amazing
6:29 AM Jun 26th from TwitterBerry