Any Nitzer Ebb fans here?

Topics not related to Depeche Mode.

Postby honestlyok » Sat Aug 16, 2008 12:04 am

I love Nitzer Ebb!
Favorite Album: Belief. Although I really love Showtime too. I love them all, actually... ;)
Favorite Song: that's hard! I love Control I'm Here, Fun To Be Had...like I said, it's too hard...

I've seen them live twice and met Bon once before one of the shows (got a pic too). He was very nice. He was out in the parking lot of the arena skateboarding, so we approached him and talked to him for a bit. Then, while we were hanging out at the back of the arena, listening to DM's sound check, Bon walked by with Douglas and pointed to us, while he said something to Douglas, then they both smiled and waved. It was pretty cool. :)
honestlyok

Postby nertiacrep » Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:17 am

Hey, a question for you hard core Nitzer Ebb fans.....what album would you recommend after Ebbhead? I have that album and want to get another one...
nertiacrep

Postby GMB » Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:02 pm

nertiacrep wrote:Hey, a question for you hard core Nitzer Ebb fans.....what album would you recommend after Ebbhead? I have that album and want to get another one...

Either That Total Age or Belief, but to be honest you can't really go wrong with any album you buy. The best of and the remixes are also excellent.
A tear of petrol,
Is in your eye...
GMB
DMMB Veteran

Postby sinkhole8 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:59 pm

Seen them twice now, once in 1992-ish at Leicester Poly and then in 2006 in London. Brilliant gig both times. Favourite album either Belief or Showtime. Favourite song is tricky but its a toss up between Come Alive, Lightning Man or Control I'm Here.
sinkhole8

Postby Dmode1973 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:10 pm

I think they are very good also! My fave tracks are I Give To You and Getting Closer and my fav album is Showtime. Looking forward to the new album
Reach out and Touch Faith!

http://snodmeister.tumblr.com/
Dmode1973

Postby rangerdoc » Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:01 am

My first exposure was as the opening act for DM. I immediately went out and bought a cassette (though I can't remember which). I now have a few of there albums and remixes on CD. I've never had the opportunity to see them in concert though.

But to answer the question, I like all their albums. I can listen to them all equally.
rangerdoc
ignoring the F.A.Q.

Postby LIChief1 » Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:23 am

Ah, Nitzer Ebb... my favorite band of all-time (DM is a VERY close second)!

- I've been a huge fan since the mid-late 1980s. Saw them at the New Ritz, when they made their NY debut. Absolutely amazing. On a side note, at that very same gig, I felt someone sort of bump into me while slamming and was shocked to see the one and only, Mr. Gahan right in there with the rest of us. We chatted for a minute or so and he actually signed my ticket! I've seen the Ebb LIVE 5-10 times...

- Met Doug and Bon a day before that show @ the New Ritz, while they were in town to do a radio inverview for WDRE. Pretty cool guys... got a few cool pics!

- Favorite songs: K.I.A, Violent Playground, Let Your Body Learn, Murderous, Control I'm Here (Hardcore Version), Shame, Hearts and Minds, Lightning Man (The Industry Vs. The Ebb Mix), Come Alive, Lakeside Drive, Getting Closer, Lovesick, TWA, Crane, DJVD, Family Man, Floodwater, Kick It, Hear Me Say... and the brand spanking new - - - PROMISES!!!

- Favorite Albums:
Belief #1... followed in no particular order by - That Total Age (I have a CD signed by Doug, Bon and a few DM members!!!), Ebbhead, Showtime, As Is, Chelmsford demo session...

- Completely pumped that they reunited and are releasing the new album in the near future!!!
LIChief1

Postby ZootCatchy » Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:58 pm

ZootCatchy

Give it up for nitzer ebb!!!

Postby Strunz » Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:31 pm

I fucking love these guys - always have, always will, so to mark the end of their support slot, I'd just like to say thank you, and all the best for the future.

I'm hoping fellow Moders will drum up a sparticus like response.

Join in the Chant!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Strunz

PreviousNext

Return to Not DM Related