How's the weather in your town right now and what's it good for?

Topics not related to Depeche Mode.

Postby Sindarin Rune » Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:43 am

bolissa wrote:I hope you're coming to NY! We should get all get together or something! :D

WE DO! And you're invited, too! The more the merrier, as we say ***;)
A Silence that speaks so much louder than words...of promises broken ~
Sindarin Rune

Postby Catty Fay » Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:42 am

Maatha wrote:3 days ago it was freezing cold and raining:(:(
Now it's sunny and hot!:cool:

Freezing cold in Turkey?!
Catty Fay

Postby Catty Fay » Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:53 am

Here at my place the weather's changed again. It's rather cold, seems like it could start to snow any second.. :(
As read all your posts I can't help thinking that something really strange is happening to our world - snow in April in places where you are supposed to get your first sun tan!
It's May soon and I still can't say goodbye to my warm winter things - that is ridiculous! And very, very sad
Catty Fay

Postby Catty Fay » Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:54 am

ps sorry - I missed "I" in the 3rd line
Catty Fay

Postby blackangel » Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:04 am

Catty Fay wrote:something really strange is happening to our world - snow in April

It always been like this....I remember many occasions in my life when there was snow in April! April's always been "crazy"! And in may suddenly hot!! All normal! Only that now we pay more attention, and yes, I dont deny that there ARE some changes going on, but not everything is to be blamed by the climate change!!!!! I saw a program the other day, the are many factors that have an affect on the weather, and they change every once in a whil, so it's normal to have decades with a lot of snow, very cold, and years with less snow etc. Even the so called "energy output of the SUN is different during decades or a period of 100 years, depending on the position and angle etc the Earth is to the sun! And if we are honest, how many years is it now, we started this "climate change" topic? A few! Not that long yet! The climate changes will not show severe effects in 3 or 4 years! it will take a lot more, thats why yes, we need to act now....
All Im trying to say is, that mild winters, cold summers, a lot of snow where there normally isnt, or less snow where there should be, hot spring, april snow, ....all this always been like this!!!! Only now we pay more attention to it! Where are all the records of hundreds of years ago? There aren't many! Im sure there were always some weird, unusual changes in the weather......
Don't worry, spring or summer will come!!!

By the way, also here in my village it's snowy.....sleet etc. But before yesterday it was lovely spring sunshine!
That's april for you! Totally normal!
people are people
blackangel

Postby KamilaGahannova » Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:50 am

very normal....:-) take all this weather mentioned in blackangel's post and u will get Ireland, hahahaha:-)
zephyrmila
KamilaGahannova

Postby Miss Tick » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:38 am

blackangel wrote: April's always been "crazy"! And in may suddenly hot!!
Don't worry, spring or summer will come!!

Snow in April, I can remember that. But suddenly hot in May??? Years ago, when I was a child maybe...
And I don't remember spring and summer coming last year!!! In France we now end up having the same kind of weather and temperatures all year round...don't think that's really normal!
In Gore I trust
Miss Tick
DMMB Survivor

Postby DolnaM » Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:01 pm

modeberry wrote:Snow in April is not unusual at all here. :rolleyes: But that doesn't make it any less sickening! :(
I agree with what Blackangel said. The Earth goes through cycles and patterns. Not everything can be blamed on global warming.

Well, did you know that the Middle Ages was actually a Small Ice Age? - I remember though when I was a kid 25C was already hot.... and now there is 36-38C sometimes. - But I agree. We should not blame everything on climate change...
Experiences have a lasting impression
DolnaM

PreviousNext

Return to Not DM Related