How's the weather in your town right now and what's it good for?

Topics not related to Depeche Mode.

Postby MapMistress » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:09 pm

It's that time of year when no ovens or stoves are needed for cooking. If someone wants to fry an egg, all they need to do is put a cast iron skillet on the sidewalk, spray it with some cooking spray and crack the egg and let it fry under the sun. (110's and up--that is the SHADE temperature, not what it is under the sun)

Or you can do like we did in elementary school. Get one of those styrofoam water coolers and line it with aluminum foil. Then put your meat and veggies on a skewer and stick it out in the sun. And in 20 minutes, it's cooked! No gas needed. No electric needed. Just aluminum foil, a skewer, an empty styrofoam cooler and the sun!
MapMistress

Postby Sindarin Rune » Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:50 pm

Since last Saturday (one week today...), there have been over 900 forest fires -- from Monterey to the Oregon Border - and we've had nothing but sheer haze and smoke - the air is like a white, gray cloud and it's not as hot as it should be this time of year, but the heat is there.

It burns your eyes and smoke fills counties! We feel trapped inside our house because you can't stay out in for long. If we don't get some MUCH NEEDED rain, I fear this smoke is just going to remain for some time; no wind to blow it out.

I've never seen it like this in 11 years we've lived here. It's horrible. Cannot even see the Lake nor the trees. Eerie, in an odd way.
A Silence that speaks so much louder than words...of promises broken ~
Sindarin Rune

Postby modebhoy67 » Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:03 pm

Summer in Scotland,all we are getting is rain,rain,rain.
modebhoy67

Postby Lansky » Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:08 pm

Summer in Croatia, and all I get is sea temperature 24 Celsius, which is perfect for scuba diving in a wet suit, which is just what I did today.

Twice.
For all the fans from Istanbul to Zagreb....Enjoy the Silence!
Lansky

Postby dmmdj2006 » Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:09 am

Iowa... yeah, I'm sure everyone knows how things are here by now... rainy, rainy, and.. oh yeah... rainy.
Words are very unnecessary...they can only do harm...
dmmdj2006

Postby raffio11 » Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:25 am

96 degrees 100% humidity hot and humid.
raffio11
DMMB Member

Postby ALVINHO » Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:28 am

Here in southern Brazil the weather has been poor....cold and in the last days damn rainy.....however, quite ideal for being well acompanied by gorgeous lady....
ALVINHO
Read The F.A.Q, but ignoring it

Postby nakedbutsafe » Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:58 am

The sky is still smoke-filled from the fires here in California. It's better today, though..but most of the sky continues to look white.

To top that off, it's over 100 degrees. I feel unhealthy when I leave the house..:mad:
I'm the fire of life.
nakedbutsafe

Postby Useless-girl » Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:05 am

The sky is bright blue without a cloud, we have a little wind, and the temperature is around 29-30C. It's good, cuz the heat is not that unbearable. :D
"I hear your voice and any choice I had is gone..."
Useless-girl

PreviousNext

Return to Not DM Related