"Report Bad Post" button

Topics not related to Depeche Mode.

"Report Bad Post" button

Postby steventoo » Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:01 am

I've received a couple "bad post reports" today which were actually someone trying to respond to a thread. Both BRAT and myself receive emails whenever someone uses the "report bad post" buttons. Please take care when you are replying to a thread that you are NOT using the report bad post button and are instead using the Quick Reply or Reply button. This will cut down in the amount of unnecessary "OMIGOD I gotta moderate this thread QUICK to the batcave!" reactions on my part.

Thank you!
"If it's as boring as this, we won't stay long." ~ Martin L. Gore
steventoo

Postby Pelicanito » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:43 am

A few more thoughts on reporting bad posts.

This ideally should be used ONLY when you spot serious infractions, including but not exclusively limited to:

• Offending or insulting other members.
  • Hate speech: disparaging comments about race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disabilities, age, social class, nationality.
  • Links or hints to copyright protected material whether it's DM or any other artist.
  • Asking or disclosing where the band are staying at.
  • Asking about or posting pictures or personal information about band members or crew.
  • It is obvious a person only wants to create trouble or flame wars (trolling)
  • Spam (when a member only joins to promote their sales)
These infractions are most likely to get the offending member a permanent ban.

It is preferred NOT to hit the report bad post button when a post:

• Is off topic.
  • Belongs to a different thread or forum.
  • Is against your point of view but not necessarily falls under the above list of infractions.
  • Is a duplicate thread.

In cases like these please alert your favorite moderator ;-) via private messages or email.

Thanks a lot.
I don't care if you're going nowhere
just take good care of the world FFS
Pelicanito

Return to Not DM Related