Depeche in the movies and/or television

Discussion for Depeche Mode, and Depeche Mode related topics.

Postby ca_styles » Mon Jul 25, 2005 3:30 pm

Rogelio wrote:I saw to Jennifer Lopez dancing with "Policy of truth" in her movie "Selena". :eek:

And I heard "dream on" in a show called Fastlane. I don't see the show, but I change the channel in the correct time. It was the luck. :)

I saw that scene as well with JLo when shes dancing with that mexican heart throb, to policy of truth. It made me watch the film right to the end. Quite sad as well cause she was murdered by her accountant
ca_styles
DMMB Member

Postby ca_styles » Mon Jul 25, 2005 3:32 pm

Mike tyson Mtv documentry at the end they played walikng in my shoes. Fits well if you think about it.
ca_styles
DMMB Member

Postby housegirl » Mon Jul 25, 2005 3:38 pm

I was watching "Kept" on VH1 (a reality show with Jerry Hall) last week.... and as one of the last four guys was being kicked out you could faintly hear "Dream On", and as the guy walked away the song slowly got louder.. It was great. Sorta like, sorry, didn't get picked.. but "Dream On".. :)
housegirl

Postby PG » Mon Jul 25, 2005 4:06 pm

Last week on ITV 2's coverage of the Tour de France, they played a mix of World in my eyes during the credits.....and then at the weekend they played a mix of Useless half way through the highlight show !....
PG
DMMB Survivor

Postby devoted2dm » Mon Jul 25, 2005 8:17 pm

DOCWASH wrote:Never Let Me Down Again...21 Jumpstreet
Fly on the Windscreen...Miami Vice

i dont want to turn this into a johnny depp love fest, but he was so adorable in that show!! i hate the show, but my aunt is a johnny freak and i watch some of her tapes of saturday night live from the 80s (seems impossible now but there was a time when that show was funny) and there are random parts of 21 Jumpstreet taped over it.

hmm... i cant really imagine Fly on the Windscreen in Miami Vice
"If i had a normal family, I would've been a well-adjusted person."
devoted2dm

Postby dmode112378 » Tue Jul 26, 2005 5:44 am

housegirl wrote:I was watching "Kept" on VH1 (a reality show with Jerry Hall) last week.... and as one of the last four guys was being kicked out you could faintly hear "Dream On", and as the guy walked away the song slowly got louder.. It was great. Sorta like, sorry, didn't get picked.. but "Dream On".. :)

i saw that too and she eliminated the hottest guy so i guess she'll be the one that dreams on:)
dmode112378

Postby Ligufi » Tue Jul 26, 2005 11:54 am

evvan wrote:In Sweden you used to hear a lot of short tunes from different DM songs in Expedition Robinson ( aka Survivor)... and there has been several short extrakts on different showes...

I guess someone on the production side at Swedish National Television like DM a lot...

It makes you wanna watch tv...

I've been following that show for several years but have NEVER heard any DM in the show. But I didn't follow the last season though. Anyway, we VERY seldom hear any DM in radio or TV, I've never(!) heard anything DM related, so I don't know if you're just basing this on that show. However, a friend of mine said that the channel TV4 used Personal Jesus in the background for a commercial for one of their programs called "Fortet", but that's all I know.
Ligufi

Postby Ms Australia » Tue Jul 26, 2005 11:59 am

I've heard "Condemnation" played during current affair-type shows. :)
Ms Australia

Postby RedRose » Tue Jul 26, 2005 3:41 pm

[quote="lorraine"]

There has been JCGE on a car commercial recently cant remember which one tho!!!

Wasn't it OPEL? ( or Vauxhall, if you are from UK)?
RedRose

Postby Aurora » Tue Jul 26, 2005 4:18 pm

I didn't realize this until recently, but the beginning of recent episodes of MTV's show "Diary" uses the first few seconds of I Feel You. You know, the car screeching sound in the beginning of the song. I just think that's kinda cool :)

I've also heard Dream On on some random VH1 and MTV shows, like those Top 40 shows they do and stuff...

be good to yourself,

Allyson
Instant Fangirl: Just Add Depeche Mode.
Aurora

PreviousNext

Return to Depeche Mode Related