New Album

Discussion for Depeche Mode, and Depeche Mode related topics.

Re: New Album

Postby I Rush For You » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:55 am

Shadowman82 wrote:Yeah that seems about right . I hope this time it will have been worth the 4 year wait .

Its always worth the wait :D

Delta Machine is easily in my top 3 DM albums :cool:
I Rush For You

Postby Shadowman82 » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:34 pm

Strange , I would have said Violator , SOFAD , Ultra , MFTM , Black Celebration and Playing the Angel are better albums than Delta Machine .
Shadowman82
DMMB Elder

Postby ukozcd » Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:58 am

Shadowman82 wrote:Strange , I would have said Violator , SOFAD , Ultra , MFTM , Black Celebration and Playing the Angel are better albums than Delta Machine .

I would also have added speak and spell, a broken frame, construction time again and some great reward as well...
ukozcd

Postby Shadowman82 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:00 pm

Well the pre BC albums I do like but they also had some songs that were annoyingly poppy on those . But I would agree that the some of the pre BC albums had a more interesting sound than Delta Machine .
Shadowman82
DMMB Elder

Postby depechedude » Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:07 am

From a recent interview with Dave on Rolling Stone's website on the new Soulsavers album-
Question: Does a new Depeche Mode record seem likely?
Dave's Answer: We talked about getting together towards the end of the year to talk about what our plans will be. We'd like to do another record. So we'll talk about when that will be and sometime next year I wouldn't be surprised if we were back in the studio.
My response was like, "Hell yeah!" :D

I'm wary of posting the link to the entire interview since this is my first time posting since the new forum site debuted and I don't want to be banned. If you'd like to read the entire interview just search rolling stone's site under 'new dave gahan soulsavers album' or something like that.
depechedude

Postby dejr26 » Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:56 pm

I do hope they decide to try another sound rather than staying with the bluesy rock sound they have had for the past ten years. A bit of a generalisation I know. I feel Dave is very keen on this sound but it would be nice if they could go in a different direction.

I always enjoy new depeche music but it would be great to be shocked and surprised by their new music and not feel that maybe you've heard it before. Hopefully with a new producer they can comeback with something fresh.
dejr26
sort of read the F.A.Q.

Postby davegahan1ca » Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:04 pm

I am almost certain that they will be utilizing a different producer for the next album. I know there is a "producer" topic on this board as well. Perhaps they can go down a familiar yet different path if they used someone like Dave Bascombe, Gareth Jones or Flood.

Or, they can create something new, different and exciting by utilizing a gentleman by the name of Mike Shinoda of Linkin Park. He has many obvious talents, will have fresh ideas and gets what Depeche Mode are all about.
davegahan1ca
ignoring the F.A.Q.

Postby Shadowman82 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:12 pm

And I really hope Martin writes better songs this time around .
Shadowman82
DMMB Elder

Postby ukozcd » Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:56 am

davegahan1ca wrote:I am almost certain that they will be utilizing a different producer for the next album. I know there is a "producer" topic on this board as well. Perhaps they can go down a familiar yet different path if they used someone like Dave Bascombe, Gareth Jones or Flood.

Or, they can create something new, different and exciting by utilizing a gentleman by the name of Mike Shinoda of Linkin Park. He has many obvious talents, will have fresh ideas and gets what Depeche Mode are all about.

The problem with that is that it will sound too much LP like the ETS 04 version.

I dont mind LP at all, just dont think that he is the right mix.
ukozcd

Postby Big Muff » Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:39 pm

Shadowman82 wrote:And I really hope Martin writes better songs this time around .
These type of comments always bother me! Martin is one of the best Song Writers of my lifetime (47 years). Delta Machine was a good Album! The Tour and shows were great! I'm completely blessed that my favorite band is still together when many of their peers are not! My first album was SGR in 1985! People are People came on Mtv and my Columbia House Subscription was needing to be filled out! I rode my bike with my Sony Walkman on listening to Stories of Old, and Somebody! From then on, I have bought everything they ever put out before and after! I met my wife, and the love of my life at the Violator Concert in Cincinnati in June of 1990! I am a fan! I enjoy all of their songs. Yes, some more than others, but I am looking forward to a new album! Will it be like Violator, or MFTM, probably not, but that is ok! It is now the end of 2015 and Depeche Mode are still making music and it still moves me!
Big Muff

PreviousNext

Return to Depeche Mode Related