Dm... On vinyl

Discussion for Depeche Mode, and Depeche Mode related topics.

Postby ShabbyDoll » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:29 pm

It's also just easier to get it from a record store but unfortunately with that if you the store doesn't have it in stock, you have to wait forever to get it. Either I have to wait until a used one it available or buy a really expensive new one. It's sometimes just easier to go the eBay.
ShabbyDoll

Postby charlesfouret » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:43 pm

Does anybody knows how to find special colored vinyl?
Is it notified on the product in that case? What are the conditions?...
charlesfouret

Postby ukozcd » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:20 pm

charlesfouret wrote:Does anybody knows how to find special colored vinyl?
Is it notified on the product in that case? What are the conditions?...

You need to do some research.

discogs, depmod.com or ebay....
ukozcd

Postby TreatMeLikeADog » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:45 am

Was listening to Remixes 81-11 vinyls earlier. Played BOAG/OWILM and Ghost and gave them a good blast on the deck. They sound really good. Was nice to be able to pick out everything going on in the backgrounds!

I played Exciter the other day as well. My Father-In-Law was quite impressed by how good side 1 sounded (Dream On/Shine/Sweetest Condition)
Let's play....Come On....
TreatMeLikeADog

Postby ShabbyDoll » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:26 am

DeVoteD wrote:Thanks for the advice - Ordered Violator, SOFAD, MFTM... from Amazon.... and PTA from discogs. Had to sell one of my kidneys to purchase PTA though!!!

You'll have to share how you like them. I think BC, MFTM, Violator, Ultra, and SOFAD sound awesome. I don't have PTA although from what you said I probably couldn't afford it. However, I hold the other albums in higher regard so I'll just wait on that one. I also bought Black Celebration.
The US version like the re-issued CD, no longer has But Not Tonight on it but that isn't a concern.
Also the error on the song A Question of Time from the original US version has also been fixed. Although that was probably fixed on the re-release of the CD as well. I still haven't yet transferred the new ones over to my mp3 player and listened to make sure.
There's something wrong with me chemically
Something wrong with me inherently...
ShabbyDoll

Postby ShabbyDoll » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:27 am

Oh and did you order it directly from the Amazon store or did you go with Amazon Marketplace?
There's something wrong with me chemically
Something wrong with me inherently...
ShabbyDoll

Postby DeVoteD » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:10 pm

I ordered the albums direct from Amazon (Uk) website.

I don't actually have a record deck at the moment... ha ha. I have quite a few vinyls that I collected in my youth, so it is my intention to "eventually" have a decent home stereo (separate components) with a record deck included! I just thought I would buy the DM albums first.... before they were out of stock (like PTA).
Tonight I'm in the hands of fate......
DeVoteD

Re: Dm... On vinyl

Postby ShabbyDoll » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:21 am

Went to a record show in August and found some of the original vinyl singles for Violator. I have Personal Jesus and World in My Eyes for $10 and $7 respectfully. They sound great. I now have the picture with Dave on the back as well as the CD with Alan on the back. I don't how many people are close to areas, most likely bigger cities, that would have the option to look through so much vinyl and find some good deals. This was even better than discogs and I was able to buy the album without worrying about what condition they would arrive in. I like to be able to look at the vinyl before buying the records...just in case.
ShabbyDoll

Postby Shadowman82 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:44 pm

When it comes to Depeche Mode Vinyl you can get the re-releases . Vinyl records for the most part have much better mastering than modern CD releases . Also modern DM releases such as Playing the Angel sounded much better on Vinyl than on CD .
Shadowman82
DMMB Elder

Postby ShabbyDoll » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:36 am

Shadowman82 wrote:When it comes to Depeche Mode Vinyl you can get the re-releases . Vinyl records for the most part have much better mastering than modern CD releases . Also modern DM releases such as Playing the Angel sounded much better on Vinyl than on CD .

Very true. It's just the Violator singles haven't been re-released yet. I am waiting for MFTM to be re-released. I am waiting to get SGR. Hopefully they sound good and are remastered well.

I have basically all of the albums on vinyl. Although I didn't get Playing the Angel. Thanks for the tip.
ShabbyDoll

Previous

Return to Depeche Mode Related