Delta Machine

Discussion for Depeche Mode, and Depeche Mode related topics.

Postby BlaBlaGreg » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:13 pm

Mischievous1 wrote:More info about the new album. Not sure how reliable this website is, but it seems to answer a lot of commonly asked questions

http://pitchfork.com/news/49193-depeche-mode-detail-new-album-delta-machine/

Thanks for the link Mischievous. What's in the video on that page? I get "Sorry, video is not available in your region" irritational message.

/side note to whoever puts region limited videos on web pages:
The Earth does not end at the Equator you tossers!!
/end side note
modesa:web.fb.tw
BlaBlaGreg

Postby Gahandi » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:13 pm

Good point. For a non-industry person, I find myself spending more time listening to the music, not gazing at the art. Cheers. =)
Now I'm not looking for absolution...
Gahandi

Postby violatore » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:14 pm

BlaBlaGreg wrote:Oh, and as for album title meanings, we probably could speculate until the cows come home and still be way off (like we were with the title guesses!)

My thoughts: "Delta" is a reference to the strong blues, and specifically, delta blues influences apparent in the sound. Slide guitars, strong rhythms, passionate lyrics, etc. all characterise typical delta blues.

The fact that the band travelled to the heart of the delta blues areas of Lousianna and New Orleans adds to that I guess...

"Machine" is presumably a reference to the electronic, synth, mechanical side of DM.

Delta Machine. Dissected.

Thanx, I like your explanation :)
DMMB Survivor

Postby DepecheModeAgent » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:18 pm

BlaBlaGreg wrote:Oh, and as for album title meanings, we probably could speculate until the cows come home and still be way off (like we were with the title guesses!)

My thoughts: "Delta" is a reference to the strong blues, and specifically, delta blues influences apparent in the sound. Slide guitars, strong rhythms, passionate lyrics, etc. all characterise typical delta blues.

The fact that the band travelled to the heart of the delta blues areas of Lousianna and New Orleans adds to that I guess...

"Machine" is presumably a reference to the electronic, synth, mechanical side of DM.

Delta Machine. Dissected.

you are wrong, im posting a full examination of the title now.
DepecheModeAgent
DMMB Survivor

Postby DMSG » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:21 pm

Gahandi wrote:Good point. For a non-industry person, I find myself spending more time listening to the music, not gazing at the art. Cheers. =)

Can you not appreciate both?!!! Funnily enough I can listen to the music and gaze at art all day, as long as it's Depeche Mode! :)
DMSG

Postby charlesfouret » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:22 pm

So good!
So good!
I got you!
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh !
:):p;):D:o:rolleyes::cool::eek:
charlesfouret

Postby Mischievous1 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:22 pm

BlablaGreg, it's the "Angel" video they premiered at the press conference in October.

The cover art reminds of a very industrial London Jack the Ripper feel to it. :eek:
Sept 1/2013 changed my life :D
Mischievous1

Postby BlaBlaGreg » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:30 pm

DepecheModeAgent wrote:you are wrong, im posting a full examination of the title now.

yay. can't wait.
no. actually i find i can.

judging by your rather abrupt dismissal of my thoughts, i assume your 'examination' will be thoroughly referenced with confirmable insights. i'll wait for those.
modesa:web.fb.tw
BlaBlaGreg

Postby JauriAragon » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:31 pm

I like the name of it and the lithography thos DM letters as triangles are very cool they do remind me of the brush strokes on the cover on SOFAD , very Anton I would say .
Now the background , I like industrial settings in general , but why they chose water containers from the roofs of buildings? hmm when there are so many awesome industrial background specially if the name "Machine" is involved in the cover . At the end the music is what matters , but this design is a bit effortless ., unless we are heading to a new "grunge" era of cover designs again . Ok I guess Im just a bit in shock I just woke up to the news I'm still processing in my tiny brain .
Cats are better people :p
JauriAragon

What "Delta Machine" really means, Spiritually.

Postby DepecheModeAgent » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:34 pm

I just jumped out of my bed and emotions and images have come to my head. I had to examine this new Album, the songs, the cover and the title. And this is what I came up with.

Delta Machine means the machine and the social interaction when you go to Heaven. it is a machine of order and ultimate work. If you do get to heaven you will be part of this machine, that helps everyone else and works together. it is an order that some believe in.
Very much like a New Order.

And its very telling, now we know what DM really means. They end up in heaven working the machine and working with the angels. Producing the elements/sounds of the universe.

I had to examine the title and the cover a litte more. Yes, its very telling. Depeche Mode believes they are A Delta Machine, working on earth to construct a perfect world, sort of like Heaven on earth. This makes sense, construction time again, Sounds of the Universe, Faith and Devotion.

Now it is obvious to me who Depeche Mode really are, (and yes I believe in Angels). They are Angels working for the Machine here on Earth, working for us, working for peace and creating music while they do this, hidden under fashion. Of course this also means that they reject God in someway and only work under him, like maybe fallen angels who refuse to work in Heaven but rather work in the bottom areas of Heaven doing construction and doing the hardwork. Like working in the bottom of the ship, but still overall creating and dedicating their lives to the working order of the Delta Machine, created by the creator. Are they Slaves of this Machine in Heaven? No. As they are soon leaving the order and saying goodbye.

The order of the album speaks of this. You have the title first: the working machine they belong to. then the you are "Welcomed to their World". Later you see Angels and Heaven.

Their little universe. Now they are broken and feel alone and like slaves to the machine, very Alone. They feel that they are broken and ask God and to Soothe Their souls as they say Goodbye.

This reveals that DM are sort of a Illuminati or Secret Society that believes in changing the world, but not in a negative way, but a good way. Influencing everyone around them and creating their order to help us enter that universe or heaven. And you can take the title anyway you want. 1. That you do believe in God and believe that in the end you will end up working for him as an Angel. or 2. That you don't believe in God, and you only believe in a Delta type working order after you die, you end up being part of the machine in heaven, just producing and working for the universe.
Depeche Mode has finally revealed who they truly are. They kept The Secret to the End and gave us a long time lie.

In the end, DM is telling us this: We are done, we were part of the working machine, but it's time to go to heaven and say Goodbye. And in heaven we will continue to construct the machine to be forever slaves to the working order that controls everything.

Hope this helps. <!-- / message -->
DepecheModeAgent
DMMB Survivor

PreviousNext

Return to Depeche Mode Related