Delta Machine

Discussion for Depeche Mode, and Depeche Mode related topics.

Postby DMSG » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:02 pm

dannyboyb wrote:Any chance of a link so we can check some of your work out then? Let us see what you can do?

With pleasure. You can see a lot of my work here not only in design but as a retoucher for one of the groups "Amazing Spider" If you'd like any work done or any bands want their albums designed better then please get in touch :) :D
http://www.loveurope.co.uk/
DMSG

Postby Gahandi » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:03 pm

I get the sense that this release is going to make SOTU look very small. So excited, right now.
Now I'm not looking for absolution...
Gahandi

Postby DepecheModeAgent » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:03 pm

wow wow wow. great title everyone. this is what I was hoping for.
Obviously, Delta Machine means the machine and the social interation when you go to Heaven. it is a machine of order and ultimate work. If you do get to heaven you will be part of this machine, that helps everyone else and works together. it is an order that some believe in.

Delta Machine also sounds like the Millenium Falcon or a Transformers character. And its very telling, now we know what DM really means. They end up in heaven working the machine and working with the angels.
DepecheModeAgent
DMMB Survivor

Postby violatore » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:04 pm

what happened with the "pun" thing and the "oh, I get it" thing of us when we know the album's title?
or is it just me that doesn't get it?
DMMB Survivor

Postby Gahandi » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:05 pm

And then...people have the nerve to complain about the album artwork. Children, please.
Now I'm not looking for absolution...
Gahandi

Postby BlaBlaGreg » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:07 pm

Oh, and as for album title meanings, we probably could speculate until the cows come home and still be way off (like we were with the title guesses!)

My thoughts: "Delta" is a reference to the strong blues, and specifically, delta blues influences apparent in the sound. Slide guitars, strong rhythms, passionate lyrics, etc. all characterise typical delta blues.

The fact that the band travelled to the heart of the delta blues areas of Lousianna and New Orleans adds to that I guess...

"Machine" is presumably a reference to the electronic, synth, mechanical side of DM.

Delta Machine. Dissected.
modesa:web.fb.tw
BlaBlaGreg

Postby -101- » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:08 pm

depechemodeagent wrote:wow wow wow. Great title everyone. This is what i was hoping for.
Obviously, delta machine means the machine and the social interation when you go to heaven. It is a machine of order and ultimate work. If you do get to heaven you will be part of this machine, that helps everyone else and works together. It is an order that some believe in.

Delta machine also sounds like the millenium falcon or a transformers character. And its very telling, now we know what dm really means. They end up in heaven working the machine and working with the angels.

lol :d
facebook.com/depeche
-101-

Postby indefinitecure » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:08 pm

violatore wrote:what happened with the "pun" thing and the "oh, I get it" thing of us when we know the album's title?
or is it just me that doesn't get it?

They both have the same initials...obviously :D :p

I like both title and artwork, and I have to add that Angel has grown on me since I first heard it, good sign usually!
indefinitecure
DMMB Veteran

Postby DMSG » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:08 pm

Gahandi wrote:And then...people have the nerve to complain about the album artwork. Children, please.

When you work in the industry you can comment. Its called having an opinion, not moaning :)
DMSG

Postby Mischievous1 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:09 pm

BlaBlaGreg wrote:Oh, and as for album title meanings, we probably could speculate until the cows come home and still be way off (like we were with the title guesses!)

My thoughts: "Delta" is a reference to the strong blues, and specifically, delta blues influences apparent in the sound. Slide guitars, strong rhythms, passionate lyrics, etc. all characterise typical delta blues.

The fact that the band travelled to the heart of the delta blues areas of Lousianna and New Orleans adds to that I guess...

"Machine" is presumably a reference to the electronic, synth, mechanical side of DM.

Delta Machine. Dissected.

Good dissection!
Sept 1/2013 changed my life :D
Mischievous1

PreviousNext

Return to Depeche Mode Related