Classic Pop Magazine

Discussion for Depeche Mode, and Depeche Mode related topics.

Postby Deprocyon » Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:58 pm

thanks lady mode for the heads up. I just heard about the magazine issue from the EIS (Erasure Info Service) email newsletter which Richard does us (and very welcome each week in my in-box). I remember Mojo did a brilliant issue a few years ago on synth music with DM on the cover and I'm hoping this issue on mute is as interesting. Might be worth importing a copy to NZ. How long is the article on mute ie how many pages does it feature in the mag?
,,,you're morally unwell...
Deprocyon

Postby dmagical » Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:58 pm

Magazines should make an article , demonstrating news or some kind of wide discography or whatever for a band like DM. DM have been there very successfully for about 31 years and deserve to be known detailed by younger fans and people who are interested in music. The youngsterns should know about the real music and art instead of what they have been given under the name called music nowadays
dmagical
DMMB Veteran

Postby lady mode » Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:26 pm

Just bought the 3rd issue. Not so much info about DM this time, just a small article.

Page 15. Gore just can't get enough vintage.

Depeche Mode's Martin Gore has developed a dangerous new addiction - to vintage sound modules. The band's chief songwriter collected an array of analogue synths from ebay to record last album Sounds Of The Universe.
Says Gore's synth wingman, Andrew "Fletch" Fletcher, Every day about five different modules come in. Martin's got quite a big space in Santa Barbara (California) where he keeps all his gear, but he's getting worried about it now.
Depeche Mode's 13th studio album Delta Machine, is out on 25 March on Columbia, and Fletch adds There are some different sounds on this album, but it still sounds like us.
lady mode

Postby Gahan crazy » Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:26 pm

I have been looking for the 3rd issue, I will have to have another look as you have your copy :D
Let me hear you speaking just for me...
Gahan crazy

Postby lady mode » Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:09 pm

Just got the 4th issue, has a small article about DM on page page 10

Gahan's great reward
After 100 million record sales, Depeche Mode are finally beginning to believe in their own greatness.
Anyone who's got any kind of coolness seems to like us admits singer Dave Gahan.
I know I'm probably blowing our own trumpet, but we're still kind of like the biggest alternative band out there somehow.
And comeback single Heaven was the inspirational guide for new album Delta Machine, out now. Says Gahan, The song we found to drive this record was Heaven. It was a shot in the arm. I was like, I can't wait to sing that.

Page 89 old picture of DM
Page 92, Review of Delta Machine

Don't forget to buy the next issue on 6TH JUNE a exclusive interview with Depeche Mode. :)
lady mode

Postby Gahan crazy » Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:44 pm

lady mode wrote:Just got the 4th issue, has a small article about DM on page page 10

Gahan's great reward
After 100 million record sales, Depeche Mode are finally beginning to believe in their own greatness.
Anyone who's got any kind of coolness seems to like us admits singer Dave Gahan.
I know I'm probably blowing our own trumpet, but we're still kind of like the biggest alternative band out there somehow.
And comeback single Heaven was the inspirational guide for new album Delta Machine, out now. Says Gahan, The song we found to drive this record was Heaven. It was a shot in the arm. I was like, I can't wait to sing that.

Page 89 old picture of DM
Page 92, Review of Delta Machine

Don't forget to buy the next issue on 6TH JUNE a exclusive interview with Depeche Mode. :)

Thanks for the reminder, I have been buying them, it's a good magazine, looking forward to the June issue!

Btw, I did start a new thread on this, but incase you didn't see it, there is a great piece on Dave in May's edition of MOJO, 6 pages, it's a great read.
Gahan crazy

Postby lady mode » Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:19 pm

lady mode wrote:Don't forget to buy the next issue on 6TH JUNE a exclusive interview with Depeche Mode. :)

Got the magazine today and no exclusive interview with DM. Why no interview? I was looking forward to read. And not mention of DM in the next issue either. :(
lady mode

Postby Gahan crazy » Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:03 pm

lady mode wrote:Got the magazine today and no exclusive interview with DM. Why no interview? I was looking forward to read. And not mention of DM in the next issue either. :(

Been so busy i forgot about this. I wonder why there isn't the interview, the ad about it in the last issue was big enough! I will still get it, but very disappointing and strange.
Gahan crazy

Postby Gahan crazy » Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:05 am

lady mode wrote:Got the magazine today and no exclusive interview with DM. Why no interview? I was looking forward to read. And not mention of DM in the next issue either. :(

I picked up a copy yesterday and found an apology at the bottom of page 22.

And finally, apologies for not featuring an interview with Depeche Mode as we promised in the previous issue - the matter was completely out of our hands. We'll be making it up to Mode fans in the future...
Gahan crazy

Postby member » Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:16 pm

Thanks for posting this info.
DMMB Survivor

PreviousNext

Return to Depeche Mode Related