Classic Pop Magazine

Discussion for Depeche Mode, and Depeche Mode related topics.

Classic Pop Magazine

Postby lady mode » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:10 am

Has anyone seen the new magazine called Classic Pop. Eighties electronic eclectic, with various bands and singer's articles including Depeche Mode.

On page 14
Depeche Mode primed for world domination.
They haven't even finished recording their 13th studio album yet, but already Depeche Mode are making grand plans to expose it to the world. The band have announced that they'll tour the album in 2013, with Dave Gahan claiming, It's not going to be over until the summer 2014.
So what can we expect from the as yet untitled album? Well, we're told that 20 songs have been recorded so far, and Gahan has suggested that there's a blues influence in the songs. He told Rolling Stone, It's a different process to what it used to be. You've got to work with people who'll inspire you to take the songs into a different direction. There's nothing more boring than going into the studio knowing what's going to happen.

Page 90 three page article the low down on depeche mode

Other bands in the magazine Pet shop boys, Duran Duran, OMD, Blancmange,Nik Kershaw, Kraftwerk, Talk talk and ABC

Worth checking this magazine out each month as there could be more interviews and reviews and up to date info about DM.
lady mode

Postby lady mode » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:18 am

Low down on DM, you can see 2 pages of the article
http://www.classicpopmag.com/2012/09/the-low-down-on-depeche-mode/
lady mode

Postby Gahan crazy » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:04 pm

Thanks for the info lady mode, it says in your link that it was going to be released on the 4th October, so there's no chance of buying it in the shops now, which is a shame as it looks like a big piece.
Let me hear you speaking just for me...
Gahan crazy

Postby Gahan crazy » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:20 pm

lady mode wrote:Worth checking this magazine out each month as there could be more interviews and reviews and up to date info about DM.

Yeah, it does look like the sort of magazine that might have more DM features, even though it probably won't tell us anything we don't already know, i still like to see them in a mag, so i will keep a look out for it :D
Gahan crazy

Postby lady mode » Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:38 pm

Gahan crazy wrote:Thanks for the info lady mode, it says in your link that it was going to be released on the 4th October, so there's no chance of buying it in the shops now, which is a shame as it looks like a big piece.

The magazine is in the shops now. I bought mine in W H Smiths over the weekend. Cost £5.99 which is not cheap for a magazine, but there is 130 pages with lots of info on about 80s bands.
lady mode

Postby Gahan crazy » Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:16 pm

lady mode wrote:The magazine is in the shops now. I bought mine in W H Smiths over the weekend. Cost £5.99 which is not cheap for a magazine, but there is 130 pages with lots of info on about 80s bands.

Oh right, i assumed it would be long gone by now, i will look for it tomorrow, i need to go to WHS anyway :D
Gahan crazy

Postby Buildings » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:19 pm

I got the first issue in while travelling through San Jose a few weeks ago. $15 or so here in the USA. I still enjoyed it, lots of things in there if you are into 1980s era electronic/new wave/post punk/whatever. Nothing really new about bands but nice to see a long article about Kraftwerk or an interview here and there.
Buildings
DMMB Veteran

Postby Gahan crazy » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:43 pm

I got the magazine, it was in WHS, so thanks lady mode. It's very nostalgic, takes you right back, especially the posters, as they are from the 80's! I think it's also a great mag for younger people who want some info on bands that started in the 80's, there is a lot to read. The 3 pages on DM are really nice, even though there isn't anything new there, it's good to see.
Gahan crazy

Postby Gahan crazy » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:31 am

Just bought the second issue :D
Gahan crazy

Postby lady mode » Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:00 pm

Gahan crazy wrote:Just bought the second issue :D

Me too. :)

Depeche Mode on page 8 & 9 with small article.

The Vince/Depeche Mode experiment.

Having completed sessions for their 13th album in Paris, Depeche Mode remain tight-lipped about the new record - due for an April release - but founding member Vince Clarke could be involved again. Andrew "Fletch" Fletcher tells Classic Pop, There's a chance of Vince doing some remixes of the new stuff because we've got a good relationship with him. Vince's last contribution to the band's oeuvre was Just Can't Get Enough in 1981. Meanwhile, the band are gearing up for their massive 2013 world tour, kicking off in Tel Aviv, Israel, in the spring. So far, the Basildon trio's only UK shows are at London's 02 Arena on 28 and 29 May.
There may be some scope to come back after the American tour, but we're getting on a bit now, says Fletch. Because we're popular in so many different countries, we can't find time for many UK commitments. We're glad in a way because so many bands don't break abroad and than, of course, Britain moves on to something else and they're forgotten.

Also on page 84 to 88 article about Mute Records with artist's GoldFrapp, Yazoo, Depeche Mode and Erasure.
lady mode

Next

Return to Depeche Mode Related