The biggest "gripe" you have with SOTU

Discussion for Depeche Mode, and Depeche Mode related topics.

Postby DMFan68 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:53 am

Katz wrote:Congratulations Flyonthewindscreen27 for getting 101 posts ;)

Agree about Hole to Feed wrongly placed as 2nd track.

Damn!:eek: I was thinking that too! I think Fragile Tension should have been second.
DMFan68

Postby glam72 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:21 am

I've really wanted to tell everyone how GREAT the new album is, but so far - I can't. To be fair, I've only listened to the album a couple times now on my iPod (still waiting for my box set), but it's almost like a book that you keep picking up but just can't seem to get all the way through...Like someone said, I keep waiting for the climax or orgasm to hit and I'm still sitting here waiting...:confused: It definitely needs a better balance of more dance-y songs and slow burners,like we're accustomed to. Even Exciter, in hindsight, is a bit more interesting to me now. Maybe that will happen with this album in a couple years?
"Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes" - Oscar Wilde
glam72

Postby -101- » Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:32 am

After the first listening to the full album I'd have wanted to own this thread.. things have improved a bit since then, but I have to say.. when I listened to In Sympathy my first thought was this is a bad Madonna song or the best song Britney Spears could release, except for the bitter tone in the lyrics maybe.. the sad, horrible and incredible thing is that I still think the same every time I listen to it.
facebook.com/depeche
-101-

Postby ryan mc govern » Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:48 am

well like someone said before Martin buys albums for there cover
well then sotu would sell three copies if it was judge on that as it looks like grade 1 art.
ryan mc govern
DMMB Survivor

Postby ryan mc govern » Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:50 am

so bacily martin doesnt care about album covers if he signed off on that scrible!
ryan mc govern
DMMB Survivor

Postby Hydrology » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:21 am

gdeleon101 wrote:I have to disagree with most people's comments on this thread so far. I have long been a fan of depeche mode. Have all their albums/cds, and the funny thing is that after all those great early albums, I'm really enjoying the post- alan wilder band. I can't explain it, but it is a sort of vibe. The music seems to make more sense now than before. Don't get me wrong, I will always enjoy the strength of say..."Never Let Me Down Again", blaring out of my speakers, but it is a different time. Not sure how to put my finger on it, but in my opinion, everyone's reliance on the meaning of the lyrics or the artwork, or the music not being strong or not breaking in the right place etc, is overrated. When I listen to a cd from the band, I get into what mood or mode they were in. It makes the songs matter more. I mean, c'mon, there are some really questionable songs throughout their entire catalog, that probably won't make sense to many of my friends, but either way, I love them all. It all about just hearing what the band is saying!

By the way, love the new cd. It doesn't have to make sense, just groove with it!!! While we still can!!!

So as your comment doesnt fit into this whole thread, do you care to add anything you actually dont like about SOTU? :rolleyes:
Hydrology

Postby ukozcd » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:06 am

My biggest gripe about SOTU is the amount of bitching and negativity that has come with it.
ukozcd

Postby TowerPower2 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:33 am

My gripe...."wrong" mentioned too many times in "Wrong", lol. After the first 10 times, it started getting a bit annoying, but I still liked the overall feel of the song
TowerPower2
DMMB Survivor

Postby The_BIFTAs » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:31 am

My biggest gripe it that the box set didn't come with chocolates.

There's a perfect "spare space" in the box that would have been the perfect place for some chocolates.

Only joking.

Or am I?
The_BIFTAs

Postby ANDYCIBC » Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:14 pm

Wish The Sun, moon Stars was develloped a little more. I like it alot but would love it more if it was giving a full album treatment.
ANDYCIBC
DMMB Veteran

PreviousNext

Return to Depeche Mode Related