Sacramento Lighting Problems

Discuss the Global Spirit Tour here.

Moderators: Pelicanito, steventoo, Admin

Sacramento Lighting Problems

Postby flighthalo » Fri May 25, 2018 3:56 pm

I'm surprised there is not some post about the lighting issues in Sacramento last night....it was my 8th show of the tour so I noticed it immediately but perhaps most people didn't....none of the floor lighting was working (lights that project up), none of the drum lights were working and the screens were only partially working on certain tracks...on a few songs (Precious being one of them) they basically did some blurred camera shots from the floor and put them up on the screen, fairly improvised and random.... during ETS Martin and Peter had this unilateral "surprise" look on their face when the bunny showed up on the screen behind them...I don't think anyone in back of the arena saw Dave until the 2nd song as it appeared they went to a manual spot light to light up the stage at that point...but you got to give it up to Dave and Martin as they played through it and stayed on course....there was also some sound issues, heaving humming on the bass sounds up front and a strange delay/reverb sound that chased some of the vocals....it was an interesting show as the lights are such a big part of the show, especially when it comes to the drums solos which were completely dark all night....out of the 20 plus shows I have been too this is the first one with any issues so it has been a good run.....regardless it was a another solid performance by the band, I look forward to my last show of the tour in Toronto...
flighthalo

Re: Sacramento Lighting Problems

Postby Lynn-e » Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:55 am

I'm a new DM fan and Sacramento was my first concert. I thought it was smashing - the songs, the performances, the sound, the lights, the video, everything! I think it shows the quality of the tour that even with some problems the show was still great and the crowd had a good time. Thanks to all the band and crew for hanging in there - I hope they're enjoying their time off!
Lynn-e

Re: Sacramento Lighting Problems

Postby flighthalo » Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:50 pm

Lynn-e wrote:I'm a new DM fan and Sacramento was my first concert. I thought it was smashing - the songs, the performances, the sound, the lights, the video, everything! I think it shows the quality of the tour that even with some problems the show was still great and the crowd had a good time. Thanks to all the band and crew for hanging in there - I hope they're enjoying their time off!

Oh yeah, killer show....it was my 8th of the Tour and had I not seen the show prior I may have missed it/not noticed it....great time....
flighthalo

Return to Global Spirit Tour