Devotees going to Isle of Wight Festival

Discuss the Global Spirit Tour here.

Moderators: Pelicanito, steventoo, Admin

Devotees going to Isle of Wight Festival

Postby Deevoted » Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:07 pm

Hello, I was wondering if any devotees seeing the band would like to meet up? I'm going to the festival just for the 23rd. I'm currently backpacking the world on my own, but I don't wanna spend the day of the festival alone. I want to share it with other devotees. I've never met up with other devotees who have travelled to another country to see the band, so I figure now is a good time to start. Hope to see some of you there!

Dee
Deevoted

Re: Devotees going to Isle of Wight Festival

Postby JuilaB » Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:12 pm

Hi Dee, I'm going to the IoW festival to see the boys. Going on my own as none of my friends like DM enough, so I'd be up for meeting. I'll be coming from London for the day. It would be much more fun to share with other devotees as you say! Let me know, cheers, Julia
JuilaB

Postby PanaVee » Mon May 28, 2018 9:05 am

Hello everyone! I would like to ask a question to anyone who has experience with the Isle of Wight festival.

I was wondering if you have the opportunity to be right at the front if you buy a one day ticket rather than the weekend one which allows for camping.

So if you don't camp but get there really early can you still get at the front or are all those who camp there?

Thank you :)
PanaVee
DMMB Veteran

Postby niklaw » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:57 pm

I'll going to try and go with my sister and happy to meet up with fellow Devotees. We'll try to swap numbers nearer the time :)
niklaw

Postby JuilaB » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:29 pm

Hi niklaw, hi Dee, if you're still checking this page. I'm up for meeting on saturday - would be a laugh to hang with some devs during the day! let me know and happy to swap numbers. Really looking forward to seeing them its gonna be great!
Cheers, Julia
JuilaB

Postby Lady Gah-Gah » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:23 pm

Anyone getting excited yet?!! I know I am...
Lady Gah-Gah

Postby Gahan crazy » Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:03 am

I won't be at the festival, but have been really excited about it and have been looking forward to watching it on tv, usually the headline acts will have their whole set televised, last night Kasabian (headline act) showed their full set, but tonight we have Liam Gallaghers full set for an hour, then they're televising Soul ll Soul for 40 minutes, they're not even on the main stage and then finally Depeche, closing main act for a mere 20 minutes! So angry! I suppose i shouldn't be surprised, but I'm still angry about it.

Everyone going have a great time and please post any info on how the evening went....
Let me hear you speaking just for me...
Gahan crazy

Postby marlowmode » Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:55 pm

Totally agree with you Gahan Crazy, what a joke Sky Arts channel giving Dm tv 20 min air time,have been on sky arts Facebook page giving them some stick just now!!!
marlowmode

Postby marlowmode » Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:48 pm

Well well after displaying my disappointment on Sky Arts Facebook age about Dm lack of air time tonight on there channel they contacted me back to my amazement saying
"For live footage we are
contractually only allowed to show the running time that the band themselves allow us to broadcast
we are afraid".
So it is Depeche mode calling the shots on the air time me thinks?
marlowmode

Postby Gahan crazy » Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:18 pm

marlowmode, it appears that way, the presenters later on during the evening started saying that unfortunately they could only play some highlights, Sky Arts must have had a lot of complaints (as well as yours) and so felt they had to say something. A shame, i had been looking forward to it, but feel better that it was decided by the band/management themselves and not the makers of the programme...
Let me hear you speaking just for me...
Gahan crazy

Next

Return to Global Spirit Tour