Share Your Presale OR Onsale Ticket Buying Experience Here

Discuss the Global Spirit Tour here.

Moderators: Pelicanito, steventoo, Admin

Re: Share Your Presale OR Onsale Ticket Buying Experience He

Postby sashmode » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:56 am

Here we go again, let the Hell begin....
sashmode
DMMB Survivor

Postby Joanne » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:04 pm

sashmode wrote:Here we go again, let the Hell begin....

Hello,

I agree. Let's see what happens. I am signed up for the chance of a presale. I am trying to be optimistic. We'll see. First hurdle is seeing if I can get the time off of work. If not, I maybe going to Boston because it is over the weekend.

Take care,

Joanne
Joanne
DMMB Veteran

Postby Somebody0302 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:12 pm

Joanne wrote:

Hello,

I agree. Let's see what happens. I am signed up for the chance of a presale. I am trying to be optimistic. We'll see. First hurdle is seeing if I can get the time off of work. If not, I maybe going to Boston because it is over the weekend.

Take care,

Joanne

Completely disappointing. I was ready minutes before 10am, but right at 10am, it showed up empty. I had to refresh a few times & could not even get floor. How is "fan presale code" suppose to help true fans if you get locked out right at 10am?! I ended up with something in the 100s, hoping to get better. Frustrating! Any luck with you?
Somebody0302
DMMB Veteran

Postby Jezebel89 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:41 pm

Got my presale tickets ! So very excited for this event. It'll be my first time attending a Depeche mode concert. Very shocked at how quickly the show is selling out already ! June 1st baby ❤❤❤
Lead me into your darkness..
Jezebel89

Postby Joanne » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:41 pm

Somebody0302 wrote:
Joanne wrote:

Hello,

Take care,

Joanne

Completely disappointing. I was ready minutes before 10am, but right at 10am, it showed up empty. I had to refresh a few times & could not even get floor. How is "fan presale code" suppose to help true fans if you get locked out right at 10am?! I ended up with something in the 100s, hoping to get better. Frustrating! Any luck with you?

Hello,

Well, I signed in early and at 10 am ( 11 am my time) I was kicked out. I kept trying for about an hour and nothing. So, I waited another hour and I tried again and got floor seats, row 10. I could not believe it.

Sorry things were not better for you.

Take care,
Joanne
Joanne
DMMB Veteran

Postby d_m1010 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:34 am

I was lucky this morning with the presale and got row 30 floor for toronto and for $159 no less! I have never payed that little to see a dm concert.
d_m1010
DMMB Veteran

Postby sashmode » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:28 am

d_m1010 wrote:I was lucky this morning with the presale and got row 30 floor for toronto and for $159 no less! I have never payed that little to see a dm concert.

You still have time to invest in good binoculars :)
sashmode
DMMB Survivor

Postby AndrewC » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:32 am

Had presale codes for Boston and San Antonio. Was looking for four in Boston and that was a more difficult proposition than a solo in SA. The computer locked a few times, bumped me off, had to start from scratch. SA was a better experience, though logged on right at 10 a.m. and had zero luck getting a floor ticket in the first 3 sections of the floor. Everything was at least 30 rows back. I wound up getting an aisle seat a few rows up in the first bowl but very near the stage, so that will be nice. I'm sure I'll look to upgrade through resale...sometimes I wonder if it wouldn't be easier to skip retail sales all together, let the bots and whatever else fight it out then cherry pick the resale. I don't mind paying a bit more than value for the right seats, but when the best "Premium" seats are starting at a Grand, that's way steep.
AndrewC

Postby d_m1010 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:01 pm

sashmode wrote:
d_m1010 wrote:I was lucky this morning with the presale and got row 30 floor for toronto and for $159 no less! I have never payed that little to see a dm concert.

You still have time to invest in good binoculars :)

Well its a massive improvement over the 100 level seats I had last September.
d_m1010
DMMB Veteran

Postby DrivingBlindly » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:38 pm

It's disheartening to read of so many people having bad experiences or difficulty yesterday. Compared to last years "fan pre-sale" - buy a million CD's chaos - my experience this time around for Chicago was exponentially better, either that or I got stupid lucky. I refreshed at 10am, put in the code and things started popping. Obviously they wanted a kings ransom for the first row VIP experience, and everything else was, eh --- so having seen DM at the Hollywood Bowl in Oct I was being a but picky. My 2 Bowl tickets were last row Terrace 4 at $375 each. Now if you've ever been to the Hollywood Bowl those Terrace seats may appear decent on paper but they're okay - not great.

For some reason yesterday I was able to keep refreshing without ever being locked out, it was a bit like pulling the lever on a slot machine. There were quite a few 1st row center VIP's - expensive - so I kept spinning until Sec 1 - Row 2 VIP came up at $500 each, I thought about it for a second a went for it - the page spun for a while only to inform me that someone else had "beat me to the tickets". With nothing better to do I kept refreshing and after about 10 minutes Sec 1 - Row 2 VIP came up again. What?! I went for the purchase and apparently the seats had timed out for someone else because I got them.

It is a bit curious how forgiving the whole experience was for me and considering the price of my okay Bowl seats in Oct - without any perks - these seem like a bargain. And if I need to sell them I can't imagine not getting my money back.
DrivingBlindly

PreviousNext

Return to Global Spirit Tour