Share Your Presale OR Onsale Ticket Buying Experience Here

Discuss the Global Spirit Tour here.

Moderators: Pelicanito, steventoo, Admin

Re: Disgusted with the Presale Registration

Postby gaz101 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:17 pm

Surely it's about time we the true fans get the best tickets for the shows we want to attend by being part of this site !!! Stop the touts and rip off company's making money from us by giving us codes from this site that we have followed for years !!!!!
gaz101
DMMB Veteran

Postby dawnschmawn » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:49 am

Holy cow. I agree. I preordered the album right away. Then, we get this info. Fine, I'll take the bait. I signed up after trying for an hour and a half while the site kept crashing. Then, I bought the album again. And forced my friends to sign up, too. They did. I check my account...and I did not receive credit for the album or the referrals!
I emailed the company like the site suggested...we shall see if I get credit for second album I purchased. This is madness. All they had to do was make it credit card entry like some other artists (or will call) and there would be no scalping issues.

Fingers crossed for a smooth presale!!! Good luck to everyone. Maybe we are stressing for nothing??
dawnschmawn
ignoring the F.A.Q.

Postby buckets of lube » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:48 am

DM did something similar in 2013 though, by making you order the album through Amazon to get a presale code.

Sucks for those who already pre-ordered the album elsewhere, but it's not that unexpected.
buckets of lube
DMMB Survivor

Postby KarmicCurse » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:03 pm

Seats reserved for presales are almost never the best in the venue. Each presale outlet is assigned a specific segment of the venue. So amazon's might be better than facebook, or whomever.
But corporations usually have the really good seats held until close to the concert day, then release them to ticketmaster.
So the best thing to do is wait and keep checking daily up to just days before the concert. Unclaimed corporate seats open up suddenly. You can get a seat very close to the stage, much closer than these greedy presales offer.
I did sign up for this thing anyway, because I like to check what seat they offer in case its good enough. But I will never pay additional fees, preorder anything, etc. Just keep checking ticketmaster daily and you'll get a good seat. This has never failed me so far.
KarmicCurse
DMMB Survivor

Postby Precious » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:08 pm

KarmicCurse wrote:...So the best thing to do is wait and keep checking daily up to just days before the concert. Unclaimed corporate seats open up suddenly. You can get a seat very close to the stage, much closer than these greedy presales offer...

Well, not sure I'm willing to take this chance -- I was able to score two second row tickets for the DM tour 4 years ago by purchasing them withing a few hours as tickets went on sale. At that time I also had a pre-sale code from my Credit Card, but those seats were unacceptable.

I guess we'll see how this pre-sale works...
Precious

Postby KarmicCurse » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:24 pm

^Yes definitely check the first couple of hours when they first go on sale to the general public. But presales are a joke. If you don't have to buy or commit to anything, check the presales too, but don't give them more than that.
KarmicCurse
DMMB Survivor

Postby dicecrusher » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:30 pm

It's No Good....
dicecrusher

Postby Jim » Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:03 am

I think DM should take responsibility for this kind of thing . Basically the way business is run today is that if they can get more money out of you by doing something they will do it. It's odius. Most of us remember better times than this . Where is the fucking revolution eh
Jim
DMMB Veteran

Postby DrivingBlindly » Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:13 am

Jumped through all the hoops. Posted to Facebook and Twitter, even over-paid for the Spirit "Deluxe Edition" for an "even better shot at moving up in line" but after making the purchase I never received any notification that I was listed amongst the privileged ticket buying masses. Good luck everyone!
DrivingBlindly

Postby cleveland » Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:27 pm

flighthalo wrote:I honestly do not know that I have been this pissed off in years. I don't know the dates thus I don't know what shoes I want to go to.....it's not clear if you can register for multiple cities...been a fan since 84, been to 20 or more shoes, have shook Daves hand, Flecth, chatted with Alan and now to formally meet the band I have to be in some popularity contest? I'm 43, I just want to buy my VIP seats as I did last time, get my good but expensive seats and leave it at that....I have been checking the web every 12 hours for 6 months waiting for tour dates and to see this was really a bummer....hopefully there will be a better option.

My problem with all this is the facebook/childish/teeny bopper stuff. I have been, like most of you, a diehard since the very beginning. Hell I even have a DM tatt on my tit for pete's sakes. Shouldn't ink on my tit that I show off (yes I still look good in a bikini top) the bands logo everywhere I go all summer count more than sharing some stupid facebook nonsense? I am too old to want people stalking my facebook, that is why I don't have one to begin with. It is beyond childish and I am just going to have to pass and take what seats I get or buy scalper seats I supposed.
cleveland

PreviousNext

Return to Global Spirit Tour