Share Your Presale OR Onsale Ticket Buying Experience Here

Discuss the Global Spirit Tour here.

Moderators: Pelicanito, steventoo, Admin

Disgusted with the Presale Registration

Postby Crewboy » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:40 am

I am just absolutely disgusted with the manner in which the band and its label has decided to promote SPIRIT here in the States.

To make the album available for preorder weeks ago only to drop an announcement today that to ensure a "better" spot in line and improve your chances for the presale, you NEED TO BUY THE ALBUM AGAIN???

Never thought the day would come when a poorly conceived marketing strategy that focuses on how much money they can get us to spend would take precedence over fans.

I thought you were better than this DM.
Crewboy
DMMB Survivor

Re: Disgusted with the Presale Registration

Postby flighthalo » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:59 am

I honestly do not know that I have been this pissed off in years. I don't know the dates thus I don't know what shoes I want to go to.....it's not clear if you can register for multiple cities...been a fan since 84, been to 20 or more shoes, have shook Daves hand, Flecth, chatted with Alan and now to formally meet the band I have to be in some popularity contest? I'm 43, I just want to buy my VIP seats as I did last time, get my good but expensive seats and leave it at that....I have been checking the web every 12 hours for 6 months waiting for tour dates and to see this was really a bummer....hopefully there will be a better option.
flighthalo

Postby JustKillThis » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:59 am

The "store" they have set up is rather weird. You get the same formats, at higher prices, with higher shipping prices, just for the ability to move up on the presale? You would think they would include a bonus / something not found elsewhere. Disappointing.
JustKillThis

Postby Hiosig » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:28 am

I agree. I am upset with the presale as well. It's an awful marketing idea from people who know nothing about DM fans. Plus, the company wants to have access to your Facebook and Twitter accounts. It has nothing to do with being a fan.

And like others have said, if I don't know the tour dates, I don't know which concert location I will attend. Usually, I go to multiple concert locations during one tour. I need to know the tour dates beforehand.

Grr.
Hiosig

Postby fujikochan » Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:26 am

Yes, let's pay an exorbitant amount of money for a record that 99% of the fan base have already pre-ordered through Amazon and spam our friends with ads on Facebook and Twitter just so that we can get a pre-sale code for concert tickets we were going to fight tooth and nail for anyway. I have no problems with supporting their music or paying the price they ask for concert tickets; compared to other acts of the same calibre, Depeche tickets are quite reasonable.

Whose idea was this? Columbia? Because, frankly, I can't see Depeche stooping to this level at their own volition.
fujikochan

Postby nickynick » Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:29 am

Guarantee this is a Columbia thing. I can't even get it to work it just keeps timing out when confirming my desired location. Not thrilled about what I'm reading about buying the album, sharing posts, tweeting, etc. That's lame. Most of the time when a venue or Live Nation puts tickets on pre-sale its not the floor or the good sections its a random 200-level section at the back of the arena. Screw that.
nickynick
ignoring the F.A.Q.

Postby Hiosig » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:52 am

And why was it so easy to buy tickets for the European tour?
Hiosig

Postby gahangrrrl101 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:37 am

fujikochan wrote:Yes, let's pay an exorbitant amount of money for a record that 99% of the fan base have already pre-ordered through Amazon and spam our friends with ads on Facebook and Twitter just so that we can get a pre-sale code for concert tickets we were going to fight tooth and nail for anyway. I have no problems with supporting their music or paying the price they ask for concert tickets; compared to other acts of the same calibre, Depeche tickets are quite reasonable.

Whose idea was this? Columbia? Because, frankly, I can't see Depeche stooping to this level at their own volition.

I could not have said it better myself.
gahangrrrl101

Postby Big Muff » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:17 pm

My thoughts are similar. I don't blame the band, but I do blame Live Nation or the Record Company. I have the Deluxe CD and Vinyl on PreOrder from Amazon, but yet will not get a boost IN LINE! Also, I live in Louisville, and thinking they won't come to Louisville, I selected Nashville in the Hopes that they may have a show at the NEW ASCEND Amphitheater! But what happens if the City you select, NO SHOW is available. Where is your spot in line then?
Big Muff

Postby halo eighteen » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:30 pm

My understanding is your spot in line will be reserved for whatever show ends up being closest to the location you pick. I did a quick scan of available locations in the "drop down" menu and they had such improbable places as Birmingham AL and Laredo TX. I assume Atlanta and San Antonio/Austin would be the closest likely shows to those places respectively.

And then what if the closest show is a festival? How can they really coordinate with Ticketmaster as to when individual people will be allowed/able to purchase tickets? This really seems like it's going to be a mess.
halo eighteen

Next

Return to Global Spirit Tour