Australia and New Zealand Tours?

Discuss the Global Spirit Tour here.

Moderators: Pelicanito, steventoo, Admin

Postby ukozcd » Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:34 am

Perhaps if they came and that seems unlikely they can do just Sydney and Melbourne....

Most fans would travel over.
ukozcd

Postby aussieDMFan71 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:07 am

Fingers cross the band make it to australia/nz in 2013, been too long(will be what, 20 years or so)?
aussieDMFan71

Postby readingjess » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:09 am

I'm very excited for what the next 2 years might bring us Aussies! I think the band might be up for a tour here - it's 'new',fresh,they seem to be in a good place band wise/tour wise......I've decided on a few US West Coast cities either way,as it's just that little bit closer than Europe.I hope they announce North America dates soon.I am not missing my chance,but I'm certainly not giving up on them coming here!
I'll make your visions sing
readingjess

Postby Depressed Mode » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:51 pm

Saw them last time they were here in Melbourne........ it really has been to long.
Depressed Mode
ignoring the F.A.Q.

Postby deltaepsilon » Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:37 am

The fact that they're only playing two shows in their country of origin makes me assume that they sure as hell wouldn't bother coming to Australia.
deltaepsilon
DMMB Veteran

Keep the faith Aussie Devotees!

Postby Dazza1971 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:56 pm

deltaepsilon wrote:The fact that they're only playing two shows in their country of origin makes me assume that they sure as hell wouldn't bother coming to Australia.

Having lived in the UK all my life and recently moved to Australia.

I'm really hoping they do come to Oz, don't fancy that flight back to the UK so soon.
Something beautiful is happening inside for me....
Dazza1971

Postby Poyns » Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:47 pm

Good luck, Australians, from a fan in similarly-ignored Japan. I very much hope you get the gigs you are looking for.
Poyns
sort of read the F.A.Q.

Postby Deprocyon » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:26 am

rodwipE wrote:I didn't mean that Australia is a bad place. It's my home and I love it here.

It's just that there's traditionally been an element in the media, dating back to the early 80's that is incredibly hostile towards electronic music. It's been very damaging.

Hell yes, and in NZ as well. I remember pre '85 it was U2 U2 U2 and Dragon(yawn)and Journey and all of that left over shite from the 70's. Then mum took me to live in Paris in march 1985 for three years and I saw a whole different world(sexy feminine women, men in trousers instead of shorts(they still wear BUSINESS SHORTS here! In France only boys wear shorts in this context(ie to school) and DM and Desireless, Mylene Farmer, Les Rita Mitsouko and I learnt french).

I'd like DM to tour NZ for the first time. Kiwis actually know WHO they are now... lol. I was laughed at for asking for DM records for years around town known as That DM Guy, but now the band has the respect it brushes off on me a bit too loll.:eek:
,,,you're morally unwell...
Deprocyon

Postby Deprocyon » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:30 am

addendum: If they do make it to AUZ a big group of us are going to Sydney to see em as we doubt they will come 'ere
,,,you're morally unwell...
Deprocyon

Postby humanracin » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:24 am

I live in Australia and have only seen DM once, and that was while I was living in London.
I took a chance on the last tour, hoping they would come to Australia.
This is my number 1 favourite band, I'm not missing them again this tour!
So I have tickets to see them twice in Europe in 2013 :)
The Australian economy is great at the moment and I am seeing loads of bands who haven't toured here in years coming back.
So I wouldn't be surprised if DM do tour here... at the very end of the tour.
So my guess is summer 2014. (Jan/Feb)
So I'll get to see them in 2013 and 2014 hopefully!
humanracin
sort of read the F.A.Q.

PreviousNext

Return to Global Spirit Tour