Australia and New Zealand Tours?

Discuss the Global Spirit Tour here.

Moderators: Pelicanito, steventoo, Admin

Postby THETRUTHIS » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:47 am

I flew to London in May 2009. Yes the gig got cancelled at the O2 at the lat minute. If you are planning to travel overseas perhaps wait to see how things are going with the tour before purchasing tickets.
THETRUTHIS
DMMB Veteran

Postby readingjess » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:03 pm

newborn01 wrote:Hi Aussie Moders

I was a bit depressed after reading those comments from Fletch, he's usually going into bat for Australia and even came here as a DJ recently.

But the album did chart at #16 - so maybe that will convince someone they're more than a "cult act" and would fill some venues here.

The ironic thing about the article being quoted is it starts with a reflection on how they played a small venue in Texas then finishes by saying they can't afford to play small venues. If only I could afford to fly overseas to see them!!

Hold on to that quote from Dave recently that an "Asian" leg may be possible. If so, maybe a quick stop at Sydney might be considered??

Yeah,the Fletch quote left me flat.And YES - the irony!Of course they can do it,but I guess when it's part of a big tour in one country,they can "afford" it.

I won't give up hope,but I won't hold my breath either!
I'll make your visions sing
readingjess

Postby newborn01 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:34 am

The current dates on the Winter Leg look like Big Day Out 2014 is unlikely.

Album out of Top 50 in second week too.

Deep breath!
With or without words I'll confide everything.
newborn01
DMMB Veteran

Postby DMDEVOTEE2008 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:24 pm

Australia does not deserve DM if the album is out of the top 50 already! Who's no.1 over there? Justin Bieber or some shit? The likes of him is all you deserve!
Here is the forum where it all happens..
DMDEVOTEE2008
DMMB Survivor

Postby readingjess » Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:47 pm

DMDEVOTEE2008 wrote:Australia does not deserve DM if the album is out of the top 50 already! Who's no.1 over there? Justin Bieber or some shit? The likes of him is all you deserve!

Maybe DM don't deserve Australia?They've never put much effort in here.Bands that tour here regular,build great fanbases.
Plus our population is small.All 20 million people are not going to go out and buy DM.
They don't need us.
readingjess

Postby readingjess » Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:48 pm

DMDEVOTEE2008 wrote:Australia does not deserve DM if the album is out of the top 50 already! Who's no.1 over there? Justin Bieber or some shit? The likes of him is all you deserve!

And I think you'll find that little brat is No.1 everywhere,even in "None of your business"
readingjess

Postby DMDEVOTEE2008 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:49 pm

readingjess wrote:Maybe DM don't deserve Australia?They've never put much effort in here.Bands that tour here regular,build great fanbases.
Plus our population is small.All 20 million people are not going to go out and buy DM.
They don't need us.

Don't play that card! With the internet and everything today, there's no excuse for Australia not to discover and appreciate DM!
DMDEVOTEE2008
DMMB Survivor

Postby readingjess » Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:58 pm

DMDEVOTEE2008 wrote:Don't play that card! With the internet and everything today, there's no excuse for Australia not to discover and appreciate DM!

So basically,you're down on anyone that doesn't like DM?
readingjess

Postby DMDEVOTEE2008 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:01 pm

readingjess wrote:So basically,you're down on anyone that doesn't like DM?

Basically.....YES.
DMDEVOTEE2008
DMMB Survivor

Postby Azuki » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:07 pm

readingjess wrote:Maybe DM don't deserve Australia?They've never put much effort in here.Bands that tour here regular,build great fanbases.
They don't need us.

Aha, thank you. As much as I love Depeche Mode, they put 0 effort into marketing themselves here. I've only gotten into their music in recent years and I didn't know they even existed before getting into 80's synthpop. They have no presence here, which saddens me. Unfortunately, it's not up to the Australian population to go out and seek a band, even if said band is as amazing as DM. DM needs to do a little more to get this country interested and excited about their music, as they haven't even visited in nearly 2 decades. The fans situated here are the only ones who lose out.

I hope Depeche Mode visit Australia again someday, or decide to tour again sometime after this current tour. Unfortunately I'm going through a rough patch right now and can't afford to travel overseas to see them. I worry that I won't get a chance to ever see my favourite band live!

DMDEVOTEE2008 is being a little harsh, we're all fans here. No need to rub it into our faces that DM aren't coming to Aus during this tour, as we as individual fans can only do so much! :rolleyes:
Azuki

PreviousNext

Return to Global Spirit Tour