Australia and New Zealand Tours?

Discuss the Global Spirit Tour here.

Moderators: Pelicanito, steventoo, Admin

Australian fans - lets get heard sooner than later!

Postby readingjess » Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:53 am

I'd just like to put it out there to the Aussie fans that we start stating our case for DM to tour here next time around?I'm thinking that we need to be considered when they put the tour together,not once it's starting and too late!?!

I'm sure there's enough of us to be heard,and I'm sure that Australia has got to be a temptation for the band this time around?

Who's with me,and how can we best go about it?
readingjess

Postby ukozcd » Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:51 pm

If they did a tour of the universe which didnt include here, what chance do we have now!
ukozcd

Postby readingjess » Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:48 pm

I think our chances are actually pretty good this time around.It's just TIME!
readingjess

Postby BigLittleGirl » Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:11 pm

readingjess wrote:I think our chances are actually pretty good this time around.It's just TIME!

how so, we don't even have enough fans on this forum :D
Here comes the man, with the look in his eyes
BigLittleGirl

Postby rodwipE » Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:03 pm

Don't take this the wrong way, but I can't say I blame them for not wanting to come here.
rodwipE

Postby Aphael » Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:05 am

Living in a country that has been thouroughly spoiled by DM over the years I totally offer my support. Hopefully they'll come around to your corner of the world during the next tour.
Disclaimer: I don't necessarily agree with everything I think.
Aphael
DMMB Veteran

Postby THETRUTHIS » Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:11 am

I live in Australia and hope but don't expect. The problem here is that they would struggle to fill the Horduen which is not big. They should be playing the Entertainment Centre but would never fill it. However this is partly their own fault. Australia has been written off by the DM machine as not worth the bother. There is now a whole generation of new fans that are not aware of DM despite liking bands like Cutcopy that worship DM. If they want to get interest in Australia they just need to get some exposure on Triple J. You need to play live here to get the following. Also they make no effort to promote albums here when released. I know that from a friend that works for EMI.
THETRUTHIS
DMMB Veteran

Postby readingjess » Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:48 am

THETRUTHIS wrote:I live in Australia and hope but don't expect. The problem here is that they would struggle to fill the Horduen which is not big. They should be playing the Entertainment Centre but would never fill it. However this is partly their own fault. Australia has been written off by the DM machine as not worth the bother. There is now a whole generation of new fans that are not aware of DM despite liking bands like Cutcopy that worship DM. If they want to get interest in Australia they just need to get some exposure on Triple J. You need to play live here to get the following. Also they make no effort to promote albums here when released. I know that from a friend that works for EMI.

I am sure they could fill venues.But yeah,bands like The Tea Party,Bloc Party,Shihad....they all prove that touring Australia,consistently,pays off.
But I want to believe they WILL bother this time around,if for no other reason than to tour somewhere different?!

I hope that Andy wasn't blowing smoke up our butts when he was here last year and not only admitted they had bypassed us,but suggested they might make up for all the lost years!!
readingjess

Postby JSJ » Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:53 pm

I doubt they'd bother, tbh.
And finally...Vince Clarke started DM. No VC=No DM. Comprendez? :cool:
JSJ

Postby BigLittleGirl » Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:14 pm

rodwipE wrote:Don't take this the wrong way, but I can't say I blame them for not wanting to come here.

I don't know how to take it, but I can say they toured in Ukraine, how much worse can it be in Australia :D
Here comes the man, with the look in his eyes
BigLittleGirl

Next

Return to Global Spirit Tour