Moderators: Pelicanito, steventoo, Admin

Re: Worst Set List In Years

Postby depman » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:00 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNknc_EyssA

Fantastic, first time since 94.
depman

Postby SamanthaB » Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:22 am

halo eighteen wrote:Wow, only two songs from Spirit at the last show? Even the band's forgotten about this album already.

Only two? How sad.
SamanthaB

Postby charlesfouret » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:00 am

xJoker wrote:Holy moly, Martin did I Want You Now last night in Nuremburg.

And it wasn't even a second night change. What could this lead to?

Nothing. :o
charlesfouret

Postby buckets of lube » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:14 am

TimLeMule wrote:I read an interview once with Brian Johnson from AC/DC who get the same complaints about the setlist never changing enough.
He said they are more concerned for fans who will only go to one show in their lives and be disappointed if they don't play the hits, more than fans who go to every tour. Wonder if DM feels the same way.

AC/DC was for the people. DM may play the same stuff over and over, but even then they don't pander with a greatest hits set.
buckets of lube
DMMB Survivor

Postby Liza » Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:30 pm

What about the other songs???

I am so excited to see them in a month!!!!!!
Liza

Postby halo eighteen » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:23 pm

buckets of lube wrote:
TimLeMule wrote:I read an interview once with Brian Johnson from AC/DC who get the same complaints about the setlist never changing enough.
He said they are more concerned for fans who will only go to one show in their lives and be disappointed if they don't play the hits, more than fans who go to every tour. Wonder if DM feels the same way.

AC/DC was for the people. DM may play the same stuff over and over, but even then they don't pander with a greatest hits set.

Don't they, though? 18 of the 20 songs played at last night's show was previously released as a single (coincidentally the two acoustic songs). Most shows this leg have even been 19 of 20. They might not be playing all of their most popular songs, but they're certainly making sure even the most casual of fans will know practically every song.
halo eighteen

Postby buckets of lube » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:14 am

halo eighteen wrote:
buckets of lube wrote:

Don't they, though? 18 of the 20 songs played at last night's show was previously released as a single (coincidentally the two acoustic songs). Most shows this leg have even been 19 of 20. They might not be playing all of their most popular songs, but they're certainly making sure even the most casual of fans will know practically every song.

True pandering would be if they played Just Can't Get Enough and People Are People at every show.

There's definitely a tendency with the band to play bigger tracks during the second half of their tours, but it also depends on your definition of "casual fan". Singles such as Barrel of a Gun, A Pain That I'm Used To, and Useless really aren't that well known compared to other singles that are being left out on this tour (such as Master and Servant and Behind the Wheel).
buckets of lube
DMMB Survivor

Postby blade93534 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:17 am

I was happy to see Strangelove finally make the setlist, but I would like to see the true version, not the Martin acoustic one. I hope when they come back to LA in May, they do like Adam Ant did and play a singles or favorites tour. I like seeing multiple Black Celebration songs making the cut, especially Question of Time. I understand they want to play the new stuff, but why not mix the setlists up a bit more. I saw the Cure on three nights in a row and there were only 5-6 songs played every night. I'm hoping for more older songs on this trip to LA. Never know how many more times we will be able to see them. Seen them 20+ times and they are always great!!!
blade93534

Postby blade93534 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:23 am

I'm not asking for 3+ hours like The Cure, but if they decide to keep going I'm going to be there for every minute!
blade93534

Previous

Return to Global Spirit Tour