my delta machine tour

Discuss all topics related to the Delta Machine Tour

Postby jazz thieve » Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:47 pm

The only gig I did was Antwerp but it was a blast. Reading from reports of all the others gigs and setlists it seams this might become one of their best tours in 15 years. Anyway, much much MUCH better then TOTU.

Kinda regret that I didn't do any summer leg gigs though. :( I would've loved to see BOAG, Higher Love, SMS, Goodbye, Secret To The End and a few alternative tracks they performed on dual city gigs like John The Revelator, In Your Room, Soft Touch/Raw Nerve, Somebody,...

Next time, I'll try to attend at least one summer leg gig.
jazz thieve

Postby depechemodebean » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:41 pm

Please God, let there be a next time....
depechemodebean

Postby Depechefan12 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:29 am

I saw them for the first time in Florida this past September and it was an amazing show...there honestly aren't even words for how great it was! It's crazy...you know...seeing them live for the first time. It was crazy how the band that I've seen through various interviews and music videos was right in front of me. It was an unforgettable experience! It was great to be a part of the NLMDA wave for the first time! It's funny... when they bowed and as the show ended, I suddenly became really bummed. The next day after even...I was really missing the show if that makes any sense. Anyway, such an amazing concert, an amazing concert that was part of an amazing tour! It's been months since then, but still, I go through the photos that I had taken at the show and watch clips of the show that fans posted online and instantly, the memories, the rush of witnessing my favorite band's live performance, it all comes back. :)
Depechefan12
DMMB Survivor

Postby jazz thieve » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:51 am

Depechefan12 wrote:The next day after even...I was really missing the show if that makes any sense.

It's called post concert blues, mate. ;) And I can tell you with certainty that we probably are all still recovering from it, especially for those who did multiple gigs (post tour blues then, I guess). Only the The Delta Machine Tour blu-ray release can ease the nostalgia now. I hope it will come soon and loaded with bonus tracks and interesting extra's. :p
jazz thieve

Postby Depechefan12 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:55 pm

jazz thieve wrote:It's called post concert blues, mate. ;) And I can tell you with certainty that we probably are all still recovering from it, especially for those who did multiple gigs (post tour blues then, I guess). Only the The Delta Machine Tour blu-ray release can ease the nostalgia now. I hope it will come soon and loaded with bonus tracks and interesting extra's. :p

Oh ok. Thanks, jazz thieve! It's good to know that it's a legitimate thing and that others are feeling the same as well! Oh yeah...it must be crazy for fans who saw multiple shows...
I agree! I can't wait until it comes out! I hope as well that there are a bunch of bonus tracks because there were a lot of songs for example that Martin sang mid-show that haven't been performed in a while (Leave in Silence, Condemnation, Blue Dress)...
Depechefan12
DMMB Survivor

Postby evebel1983 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:54 pm

2013 and part of 2014 was awesome because of this tour. I was fortunate enough to go to their gigs in Nice, London 1, Berlin, Dusseldorf 1+2, Santa Barbara, Barcelona, Antwerp and Paris :D:D
IF there will be (we hope so) a new album and tour in the future, we want to embark on our own German tour. Really good vibe there.
The feeling is intense, you grip me with your eyes.
evebel1983

Postby MADSilencerr » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:57 am

I only went to Athens, which was the third concert of the tour and it was also my first concert, since Dave was ill in 2009... Luckily, I got to hear secret to the end, which is in my top three on Delta and BOAG which is my all time fav DM song!!!!!!!!!!
Just give me a pain that I'm used to.
MADSilencerr

Postby Dmode1973 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:07 pm

London,Berlin,Belfast and Dublin for me. Highlight was Berlin but Belfast was special as it's my home city and the first time they have played here in 27 yrs:)
Reach out and Touch Faith!

http://snodmeister.tumblr.com/
Dmode1973

Postby sufferingwell » Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:49 pm

Due to travel budget contraints and a toddler :) only made the three in Switerland where I live: Bern, Zurich I & II
All amazing in their own way , was great to go early and have so many of the new songs in Bern -which were eventually dropped. (Secret to the End and Goodbye in particular which didnt seem to speak to me that much on the album versions!)
Zurich for the brilliant crowd energy particularly 2nd date with Dave's yelling "Zurich!... Zurich!" during NLMDA :)

Crp, tour blues are raging as we are on the last date!
We share something.
sufferingwell
DMMB Veteran

Postby charlesfouret » Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:30 pm

1st time that I skip a depeche mode tour from 1988.
I wasn't attracted this year to hear them play the same songs over and over again (the fact that we can see the setlists online easily is maybe an important parameter).
Maybe next time!
charlesfouret

PreviousNext

Return to Delta Machine Tour 2013-2014