Milan 20th Feb

Discuss all topics related to the Delta Machine Tour

Milan 20th Feb

Postby Jim » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:56 pm

Just managed to get a good seat for this show . flights seem very reasonable if you hunt around (£76 easy jet via bravofly). they won't be touring again for a few years . My favourite band for over 30 years .. I thought sod it ..just do it. So I did !

still tickets available. Is anyone from here planning to go , would like to meet for coffee?
Jim
DMMB Veteran

Postby Depeche Dark Mode » Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:19 am

Flash mob Turin, Milan and Bologna show
more info [url=http://depechedarkmode.wordpress.com/2014/02/13/depeche-mode-in-italia-ecco-le-nostre-coreografieflash-mob/
]HERE[/URL]
Depeche Dark Mode
DMMB Survivor

Postby Depeche Dark Mode » Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:38 am

Sorry, the last link doesn't work. HERE is the right one :)
Depeche Dark Mode
DMMB Survivor

Postby Jim » Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:53 am

sounds like fun Ok i'll take a 3 led torch
Jim
DMMB Veteran

Postby Depeche Dark Mode » Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:24 pm

Jim wrote:sounds like fun Ok i'll take a 3 led torch

well done Jim! :)
Depeche Dark Mode
DMMB Survivor

Postby Jim » Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:43 pm

Depeche Dark Mode wrote:well done Jim! :)

lol thanks . do we just wave them around a bit like we did with lighters in the old days ?
Jim
DMMB Veteran

Postby Depeche Dark Mode » Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:22 pm

Jim wrote:lol thanks . do we just wave them around a bit like we did with lighters in the old days ?

Yes... you made me remember the old days!!
I feel old! lol
Depeche Dark Mode
DMMB Survivor

Postby fenderjaguar » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:05 pm

Hello, great show yesterday, great seat once again.
Here's some pics of the show: http://www.flickr.com/photos/fenderjaguar/sets/72157641322949063/
Enjoy!
Words are very unnecessary
They can only do harm
fenderjaguar
DMMB Veteran

Postby Feeling loved » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:58 pm

[fenderjaguar] originally posted:
Hello, great show yesterday, great seat once again.
Here's some pics of the show: http://www.flickr.com/photos/fenderjaguar/sets/72157641322949063/
Enjoy!]

I did enjoy your pics. Thanks!
Shackled and bound by the sound of his voice.
Feeling loved

Postby Jim » Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:44 pm

I was sitting in the front row of B19 very close to the stage and had the time of my life. I think the last time I was so close was at the singles tour, but i was crushed and bouncing in the mosh pit and didn't see much. Since then, for various reasons I've either stood up the back or near the mixing desk or got a seat high up. I'm so glad that I changed this habit. Being front row but at the side I was a couple of feet higher than the heads of the standing people and a little bit higher than the stage. It was an amazing view. I am never going to sit(stand/dance) anywhere else now even if I have to sell things or go back into prostitution.

Ok for a start the concert was completely sold out. I know this because the receptionist at the hotel had wanted to go but couldn't get a ticket, and i also spoke to people out side before the gates opened. The touts were only trying to buy tickets at that point, not sell them.

I liked the Italian fans.(and the few people I chatted to in Milan).to me they seemed to be very well mannered and polite but also a lot of fun and I saw some good dancing going on. Also they arrive early and there were a lot watching the support act and staying at their during the interval. There was a really good buzz.

Support act (choir of young believers) sounded good. They were easy to listen to. The singer sounded a lot like Neil Tenant only much better at singing with wider vocal range. It was mediocre crafted pop... not much of a spark to it IMO but the singer was great.

So apart from the fans being great .. and sold out and a good atmosphere and having one of the best seats in the house, It was an excellent performance and a really nice set list with : In your Room, Policy of truth, Slow, Blue Dress, Behind The Wheel, A Pain That I Used To, A Question Of Time and Shake the Disease.

It was interesting to see all the wires and nuts and bolts of the set so close, It was also great to be closer to Fletch I really enjoyed his connection with the crowd, he has a unique presence and i liked his directing. There is just much more connection being up close. Martin laughing because no one knew Peters name (during singing him happy birthday) and a sense that the band really do observe and connect with the fans around the stage.

So that's 4 dates i managed to get to this tour ... I'll try and increase that next tour.. But there is no way I'm going to be anywhere except near or at the front from now on. My joints/energy won't take standing in a q for hours but I noticed (with the Milan gig) that either side of the stage in the corner areas.. were easy to get to until about an hour before DM came on. So If it has to be a standing ticket I'll do that.

OH the cathedral in Milan (The Duomo) The inside of it was one of the most amazing things I've ever seen.
Jim
DMMB Veteran

Next

Return to Delta Machine Tour 2013-2014