Page 8 of 10

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:57 pm
by Feeling loved
Martin Gore in Paris announcing an expansion to the band's charity partnership with Hublot Genève -- a second edition of Depeche Mode Big Bang watches, a handful of unique pieces, and a special gala event in Moscow before the last show of the tour, all to raise funds and awareness for charity: water's mission of providing clean water to developing countries.

https://twitter.com/Ultra_Depeche/status/428964934459097089/photo/1

Seems like Moscow is the last show of this tour.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:56 pm
by sufferingwell
There was an article several months ago that mentioned a summer leg (EU music festivals)... will try to find the link.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:23 pm
by flappah
sufferingwell wrote:There was an article several months ago that mentioned a summer leg (EU music festivals)... will try to find the link.


Things apparently have changed. The only official word right now is, "Moscow is the last concert of the current tour".

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:32 pm
by manuela
flappah wrote:Things apparently have changed. The only official word right now is, "Moscow is the last concert of the current tour".



I hope so, I am already missing them, can't wait for other 4 years....

:(

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:00 am
by THETRUTHIS
What is going on with this tour. It just seems weird they would end at this point? No Mexico, No South America. Glastonbury? I feel I need to know if there will be more shows this year. Maybe they will have a a month off and start in May? Who knows but when a tour finishes should that not be announced..

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:25 am
by ryan mc govern
THETRUTHIS wrote:What is going on with this tour. It just seems weird they would end at this point? No Mexico, No South America. Glastonbury? I feel I need to know if there will be more shows this year. Maybe they will have a a month off and start in May? Who knows but when a tour finishes should that not be announced..


its over .........for another three or so years:confused:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:50 pm
by flighthalo
I can't believe people are still mentioning this....yes, its over....like at the end of Ferris Buellers day off....

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:53 pm
by dicecrusher
It is possible that they were waiting to see if Delta Machine had sustained sales and/or hit singles with some staying power? However, concert ticket sales have been very strong wherever they go - regardless of how well the new album has done.

The band has earned a well deserved break either way!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:57 pm
by TommyVIO
I believe that album sales have dropped for all artists because of the easily accessible internet radio stations where you can practically hear any and all the songs released. In addition, nowadays it is very easy to make copies even though it is illegal. Back in the days, you would have to know someone personally who has the album by copying the tape, in today's world, you can add a friend from any forum, ask for a copy and they will let you download it no matter where you live and where the other person lives.

Concerts are always going to be money makers because a true fan will always want to attend a show of their favorite band.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:45 pm
by THETRUTHIS
Ok its over...but there has been a lot of hype regarding further dates. This could be the last tour so I am surprised there is not a few more spring shows to come.