concerts after March 2014?

Discuss all topics related to the Delta Machine Tour

Postby bmx43 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:51 pm

rachybee wrote:hmmmmm I have read that they are all about the money now, and considering Australia and Japan are among places where Delta Machine has charted poorly (16th and 51st on albums charts respectively) it seems that we may be low on the list of touring prospects. But I still choose to believe that they will come through for the fans. Yes, I can dream..........:)

again, to rehash, just not sure many of you understand how touring works. a band does not just decide to go to Aus or Japan and start booking shows. what is required is a concert promoter who handles the tour and guarantees the band X number of dollars per show. most bands are NOT their own promoters, especially at this level. so if you want to blame somebody, blame your countries big concert promoters who are unwilling to risk selling out a venue and being stuck with the tab. those concert promoters, just like ALL bands are not in it for the love of music, touring is about $$$$, plain and simple. bands actually make their money on touring, not on record sales.

this NOT about "doing it for their fans", it's about business. the band DM owes nobody anything.
bmx43
sort of read the F.A.Q.

Postby Feeling loved » Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:12 pm

[bmx43] originally posted:
again, to rehash, just not sure many of you understand how touring works. a band does not just decide to go to Aus or Japan and start booking shows. what is required is a concert promoter who handles the tour and guarantees the band X number of dollars per show. most bands are NOT their own promoters, especially at this level. so if you want to blame somebody, blame your countries big concert promoters who are unwilling to risk selling out a venue and being stuck with the tab. those concert promoters, just like ALL bands are not in it for the love of music, touring is about $$$$, plain and simple. bands actually make their money on touring, not on record sales.
this NOT about "doing it for their fans", it's about business. the band DM owes nobody anything.]

I didn't know those facts about touring. Thanks for clarifying things out!
Shackled and bound by the sound of his voice.
Feeling loved

Postby oilcountry » Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:01 am

If Depeche Mode doesn't announced any new dates by the end of this week. I think that will be it for the Delta Machine tour. :(:(:(:(:(:(
oilcountry
DMMB Survivor

Postby shadowcats » Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:23 am

I would love if they came to Boston if they decided to do some US shows again-it would be even more awesome if they came to Maine (have they ever done that?) but Boston is close enough if it is doable! We do have the new Cross Insurance center in Bangor but I don't know if that is a big enough venue or not. or the Waterfront in the summer.
words like violence, break the silence
shadowcats

Postby shadowcats » Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:25 am

and agree on the touring comments-they have to make their money somewhere. Thinking about bands like the Grateful Dead, I dont' think they got much radio play except specific radio stations, and they didn't sell many records/cds but they would sell out big shows, had a huge following. I think Phish is similar as well.
shadowcats

Postby buckets of lube » Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:24 pm

^^^ DM played in Portland, Maine during the MFTM tour. More New England shows would be nice, but won't happen until the band "downsizes" their venue capacity requirements.
buckets of lube
DMMB Survivor

Postby shadowcats » Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:28 pm

aww too bad. do you know what their venue capacity requirements are exactly?
shadowcats

Postby split59 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:53 pm

I know its forum gossip etc etc but even so:(:(:eek::(:(

http://www.isleofwightfestival.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=34910
split59

Postby EnjoytheSilence84 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:55 pm

Hi,
I know I'm posting this as possibly a ridiculous question but, my thought occurred.
Ok, we all know most of the cities they toured here in the US (alone), basically they were fairly large but, what about other possible cities and/or markets?

What about Philadelphia as an example?
What other cities were "skipped" that could've been added or do you think they're "saving" them for a goodbye tour or an ending tour?
Yes, I am on FB but, I'm not an addict. Ask to add, if U want 2 that is.
EnjoytheSilence84

Postby Karla » Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:37 pm

I am so hoping they play MSG in the spring or summer.
I "heard" that the renovation at the Garden was why it was off the tour but
it would be so awesome to at least get one night.
Gonna have my genie grant me this one!
I am one of the Devout
Karla

PreviousNext

Return to Delta Machine Tour 2013-2014