Fans...

Discuss all topics related to the Delta Machine Tour

Fans...

Postby The Sinner Inside » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:52 am

Hi... I'm new here, so I'm sorry if it's already been discussed here...

I am very interested in the opinion of people that have been to DM concerts all over the world (or Europe at least)... I would love only "experienced" DM concert goers to answer...

Which country has the best fans ? Is it Germany ? Italy ? Or some other country ?

Now, I don't wanna start a fight or something... All DM fans are amazing... :) But I'm just interested where can you find the best, craziest, loudest fans...

Very glad to have finally joined this forum...
The Sinner Inside

Postby Sr. Night » Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:17 pm

Have a good time on board!

I've been to concerts in France, Germany and England and so far I like the french audiences best for three reasons:

- They're polite. They don't spill beer on you or push you around as much as my fellow German fans...
- They sing along nicely & in tune
- They pronounce the band's name correctly ;-)

If you want crazy & loud come to Germany ;-)

From what I heard Italy and Poland are safe bets for rabid fans as well. But then again sometimes I think there are only 70.000 fans left in the world and they have tickets for all shows... :D
You can’t think your way into doing the right thing.
Sr. Night
DMMB Member

Postby NitzerModeGirl » Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:57 pm

I'm English, but I have to say when I've seen them in Germany I loved it there! (I've seen them in England, France, Germany, Spain and Italy) however I think DM fans from wherever are pretty special. I've been to a lot of gigs and I think the atmosphere is different at DM shows.
NitzerModeGirl
ignoring the F.A.Q.

Postby The Sinner Inside » Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:44 pm

Thanks for the nice welcome...

I prefer loud and crazy, yes... :) Italians are usually like that... Maybe too crazy sometimes...

The french are in tune ? Cool... But let's not blame the other fans for non being born with a perfect pitch, as the french seem to be... :)

But then again sometimes I think there are only 70.000 fans left in the world and they have tickets for all shows...
Hahaha... That might be true... :)

NitzerModeGirl, how are usually the british fans ?
The Sinner Inside

Postby Flexible-lover » Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:44 pm

I´m from Denmark. Have seen them in Denmark and Sweden.. ´ecxiter-tour´ was great. On ´universe´ everybody was so uptight..I couldn´t lift an eyebrow whitout people getting starred at in an unfriendly manner. Everybody had come with this attitude: I shall hear every singe second of it and NOBODY shall affect my experience..nobody shall sing along, dance next to me etc.. That was a bit of a partykiller for me
Flexible-lover

Postby acinommoni » Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:14 pm

I went to Italy (of course), Spain, Switzerland, France, Germany and England and French fans impressed me!
acinommoni
DMMB Elder

Postby flappah » Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:26 pm

I've seen the band in Germany, the UK, France, Spain, Italy and more countries but for me the German audience is the best but I guess it's all a matter of nuances because in the end I have a good time at each and every concert.
remember – always – that tomorrow will be different ..
flappah

Postby newpower » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:14 pm

Im from England, and i've seen the mode in England, France, Spain, Italy, Denmark, Czech republic, Germany, N Ireland, and the best are the Spanish and Germans, The worst are The English.
That is my Opinion.
newpower
sort of read the F.A.Q.

Postby xJoker » Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:35 pm

Flexible-lover wrote:I´m from Denmark. Have seen them in Denmark and Sweden.. ´ecxiter-tour´ was great. On ´universe´ everybody was so uptight..I couldn´t lift an eyebrow whitout people getting starred at in an unfriendly manner. Everybody had come with this attitude: I shall hear every singe second of it and NOBODY shall affect my experience..nobody shall sing along, dance next to me etc.. That was a bit of a partykiller for me

Agree 100%. The universe concert (June 30, 2009) was very stiff audience-wise.
The last gig in Parken, (June 13, 2013) was amazing though,
xJoker
DMMB Veteran

Postby devoted2dave » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:01 pm

I'll chime in for the Americans. Well, just the So. Cal Americans. I've seen them in Washington, Arizona, Nevada, and California. I've seen them over 40x.

Los Angeles is a special place for the band and their fans here are rabid. I think the best place I've seen them live though is in Santa Barbara. Purely for the reason that it seems that fans from all over the US converge upon SB for this show. It's one of the smallest venues they have been playing in the US over the last few tours (next to the Pearl in Vegas which is always a great place to see them). SB holding approx. 4500 people and the Pearl approximately 2500.

Seeing them in an intimate setting means more to me than watching them in a stadium with 50k. I would take those special intimate places they play in the US over any venue anywhere. Just my opinion though. And, anyone who says they wouldn't want to see DM in such a small venue is a liar.

If I had to venture outside of the US, I'd definitely choose Germany first. It's the one place I dream of seeing them.
Please don't speak...You'll only lie...
devoted2dave
DMMB Survivor

Next

Return to Delta Machine Tour 2013-2014