Jan 27- Birmingham UK- LG Arena

Discuss all topics related to the Delta Machine Tour

Postby Seanymanu » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:49 pm

Seen DM 3 times this year on this tour, Lisbon, Belfast & Birmingham, and only for meeting,
Martin, Fletch, Christian & Peter after the Belfast gig! " Which Was As U Can Guess UNREAL "
Birmingham was BRILLIANT.. Really enjoyed the experience the band & the fans were really
up 4 it the placed ROCKED.. Then the Afterparty in Subside was to follow & that was the icing
on the cake great having all the fans in 1 place, talking DM, singing DM, & dancing 2 DM.. It felt like 'HOME'...
A Strange Kind Of Language, I Don't Understand..
Seanymanu

Postby SDM » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:00 pm

Seanymanu wrote:Seen DM 3 times this year on this tour, Lisbon, Belfast & Birmingham, and only for meeting,
Martin, Fletch, Christian & Peter after the Belfast gig! " Which Was As U Can Guess UNREAL "
Birmingham was BRILLIANT.. Really enjoyed the experience the band & the fans were really
up 4 it the placed ROCKED.. Then the Afterparty in Subside was to follow & that was the icing
on the cake great having all the fans in 1 place, talking DM, singing DM, & dancing 2 DM.. It felt like 'HOME'...

Birmingham was a superb night .... my "Afterparty" was listeneing to 'Sounds of the Universe' on the M5 motorway in my car on the way home to the South West!
SDM

Postby Feeling loved » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:39 pm

[SDM] originally posted:
Birmingham was a superb night .... my "Afterparty" was listeneing to 'Sounds of the Universe' on the M5 motorway in my car on the way home to the South West!]

Your after-party was not too bad at all!:)
Mine was in bed, reliving the magic in my dreams.
Shackled and bound by the sound of his voice.
Feeling loved

Postby Angie » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:44 pm

Subside was a little cracker of a party!
Jealous of all folk lucky enough to be enjoying the final leg of concerts..
Angie

Postby SDM » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:28 am

Feeling loved wrote:[SDM] originally posted:
Birmingham was a superb night .... my "Afterparty" was listeneing to 'Sounds of the Universe' on the M5 motorway in my car on the way home to the South West!]

Your after-party was not too bad at all!:)
Mine was in bed, reliving the magic in my dreams.

Was ok until I hit the rain! Listening to the album and thought how fantastic 'Perfect' would sound at a live gig ... one of my favourite tracks on SOTU. We should have a Birmingham poll of the top 20 songs that DM should play on their 2017 tour. Mine would be:

intro - Christmas Island

Something to Do
Dressed in Black
See You (the second single on vinyl I ever bought after Souvenir by OMD)
Master & Servant
Blasphemous Rumours
Broken
Suffer Well
Perfect
Useless
New Dress
Waiting for the Night
In Sympathy
Fly on the Windscreen
John The Revelator
The Dead of Night
It's Called a Heart
Leave in Silence

encore -

Photographic
More than a Party
Good Night Lovers

Probably showing my age with this selection!!!
SDM

Postby Paulineb » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:50 am

Saw depeche mode twice on this tour, Glasgow (I live around 15 miles away) and in Birmingham, enjoyed Glasgow so much I booked Birmingham straight after. Grew up listening to Depeche Mode, Im 45 (today), but had never seen them live. I thought both gigs were excellent. Stayed in the travelodge, was only a 3 min bus journey away and it was £22, also was lucky enough to get a £5 train ticket through the megatrain site to Birmingham from Motherwell.

I still like listening to the early stuff, but there are few DM songs I really dont like. I hope they do tour again.
Paulineb

Postby Shake It » Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:09 am

I was at the much-discussed Birmingham gig in December 2009....I remember very clearly that we were well into the gig, & everyone around me, & many along the whole side, were still sat down...I also remember looking across to the other side & it was the same....so the obvious question is - HOW was that DM's fault?! What exactly did they do to make everyone so lifeless?! Everybody should be on their feet as soon as the lights go down!

It is not a case of, "Well if you're any good, we'll get up & dance around." We have 3/4 year gaps between DM tours, people should be at least a little bit excited.

My memory is not playing tricks on me - a large % of the fans were half-asleep that night......end of story.
London....Leeds....London....Birmingham
Shake It

Postby darkdreamer » Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:36 pm

Shake It wrote:I was at the much-discussed Birmingham gig in December 2009....I remember very clearly that we were well into the gig, & everyone around me, & many along the whole side, were still sat down...I also remember looking across to the other side & it was the same....so the obvious question is - HOW was that DM's fault?! What exactly did they do to make everyone so lifeless?! Everybody should be on their feet as soon as the lights go down!

It is not a case of, "Well if you're any good, we'll get up & dance around." We have 3/4 year gaps between DM tours, people should be at least a little bit excited.

My memory is not playing tricks on me - a large % of the fans were half-asleep that night......end of story.

Agree totally, I was there as well. Thank HEAVEN we got the chance to redeem this tour :)
Shaking The Disease
darkdreamer

Postby Jim » Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:33 pm

Paulineb wrote:Saw depeche mode twice on this tour, Glasgow (I live around 15 miles away) and in Birmingham, enjoyed Glasgow so much I booked Birmingham straight after. Grew up listening to Depeche Mode, Im 45 (today), but had never seen them live. I thought both gigs were excellent. Stayed in the travelodge, was only a 3 min bus journey away and it was £22, also was lucky enough to get a £5 train ticket through the megatrain site to Birmingham from Motherwell.

I still like listening to the early stuff, but there are few DM songs I really dont like. I hope they do tour again.

Hope you had a lovely birthday and welcome to the forum :) That was a good deal with your train ticket and the hotel! . Glad you finally got to experience the magic of DM live.
Jim
DMMB Veteran

Postby Paulineb » Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:50 pm

Jim wrote:Hope you had a lovely birthday and welcome to the forum :) That was a good deal with your train ticket and the hotel! . Glad you finally got to experience the magic of DM live.

I did thank you. It was a very good deal. Was expecting to pay more obviously, thought I might be able to get a reasonably cheap fare but went onto the megabus site and they also sell train tickets, just got lucky.

I hope I get to see them live again, I dont think Ive ever seen a better gig. Its funny to think that I was listening to See You over 30 years ago and they are still going strong and making great music.
Paulineb

PreviousNext

Return to Delta Machine Tour 2013-2014