Sept 26- Mountain View, CA- Shoreline Amphitheatre

Discuss all topics related to the Delta Machine Tour

Postby kiltlover » Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:22 am

I am just having a flashback to all the "Fletch Stretch" moments as my friend and I named them!! OMFG! How wonderful it was to see him (when I wasn't melting over anything Dave was shaking about), to see Fletch up there doing his little bends, claps, points, kicks, etc.! It was hilarious and magical at the same time! He is a frigging hoot to watch when you can peel your eyes away from Dave and Martin! I want a Fletch Cam sometime for an entire show!! OMG! I am still giggling! So amazing!

But, to agree with everyone, as a Bay Area native and a fan since the early 80's, it breaks my heart every time they give us the few shows we get, but they play at Shoreline. The venue is a total disaster, totally agree. But, alas, the big stars play there because it's big and if you're only going to give our area one show (GRRRR!!), then it will get chosen every time. I recall one tour they played Shoreline, Concord and up to Sacramento. It was incredible to see them three times on that tour, and the people of NorCal got shown some love. Not sure on why we only got the one night, but since it's been so long between visits, I'm going to sit back and enjoy what they gave me.
As it happens, it happens here in this house...
kiltlover

Postby flighthalo » Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:42 am

A few average pics from Shoreline....they have not been cleaned up yet...
https://www.facebook.com/flighthalo/media_set?set=a.10201195102291936.1001976432&type=3
In another state of consciousness, in another state of mind.
flighthalo

Postby hyperdrop » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:54 am

flighthalo wrote:A few average pics from Shoreline....they have not been cleaned up yet...
https://www.facebook.com/flighthalo/media_set?set=a.10201195102291936.1001976432&type=3

Those are awesome photos!

Did you take those?
hyperdrop
DMMB Survivor

Postby readingjess » Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:10 am

[quote="kiltlover"]I am just having a flashback to all the "Fletch Stretch" moments as my friend and I named them!! OMFG! How wonderful it was to see him (when I wasn't melting over anything Dave was shaking about), to see Fletch up there doing his little bends, claps, points, kicks, etc.! It was hilarious and magical at the same time! He is a frigging hoot to watch when you can peel your eyes away from Dave and Martin! I want a Fletch Cam sometime for an entire show!! OMG! I am still giggling! So amazing!

Yes! I thought the same thing about Fletch,he's really fun to watch,he's just there doing his own thing...and bringing the hype! I hope someone puts together a YouTube montage of fletch at shows. It IS hard not to watch Dave's hips though!
I'll make your visions sing
readingjess

Postby flighthalo » Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:10 pm

Yeah, I was 2nd row......glad you liked them...I have more but I'm waiting to get back to Portland to organize them.....I was lucky enough to get hand slaps/shake from Dave and Andrew....special special night!
In another state of consciousness, in another state of mind.
flighthalo

Postby kiltlover » Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:51 pm

readingjess wrote:
kiltlover wrote:I am just having a flashback to all the "Fletch Stretch" moments as my friend and I named them!! OMFG! How wonderful it was to see him (when I wasn't melting over anything Dave was shaking about), to see Fletch up there doing his little bends, claps, points, kicks, etc.! It was hilarious and magical at the same time! He is a frigging hoot to watch when you can peel your eyes away from Dave and Martin! I want a Fletch Cam sometime for an entire show!! OMG! I am still giggling! So amazing!

Yes! I thought the same thing about Fletch,he's really fun to watch,he's just there doing his own thing...and bringing the hype! I hope someone puts together a YouTube montage of fletch at shows. It IS hard not to watch Dave's hips though!

Seriously! Definitely hard to look anywhere else but after 30 or so years I could take a break to admire all that is The Fletch!!
kiltlover

Postby Elektric42 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:24 pm

Here's a quick video of "Personal Jesus" that my wife took from the 4th row center...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWJfU5k3x0s&list=HL1380482571
"Good evening San Francisco!"
Elektric42

Postby Elektric42 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:31 pm

"Good evening San Francisco!"
Elektric42

Postby kiltlover » Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:01 pm

thanks so much for sharing vids!!
kiltlover

Postby DepecheRoute66 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:26 pm

Is it just me or did it look like fletch was wearing sweat pants?
DepecheRoute66

PreviousNext

Return to Delta Machine Tour 2013-2014