Sept 26- Mountain View, CA- Shoreline Amphitheatre

Discuss all topics related to the Delta Machine Tour

Postby comatose almost » Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:08 pm

ThePassenger wrote:And he lives in the wrong state for not liking to drive!

In the wrong country, also.

Frankly, I did not know this until now. Interesting.
comatose almost
sort of read the F.A.Q.

Postby Feeling loved » Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:44 pm

" Committed" is the biggest word in this interview. It's quite scary to be committed to tour to millions of fans for another 6 months( actually 11 from start). It's like they paid you in advance & they're waiting to be served. Like a long-term pre-paid contract that you have to abide by. What a huge responsibility!
I love these guys.
Shackled and bound by the sound of his voice.
Feeling loved

Postby buckets of lube » Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:24 pm

Gore never having driven in his life makes sense given that he used to be a huge alcoholic. At this point, old habits must die hard.
buckets of lube
DMMB Survivor

Postby Pipeline1972 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:13 pm

My 2 cents:

The Good: Great show, the boys seemingly in good mood. They played some old classics such as BC, StD, BNT, JCGE. I wasn't looking forward to JCGE but it did have everybody up and dancing. Plus they gave the song a nice retro touch, i thought, I was brought back to the days when i'd listen to the maxi single day after day!

The Bad: as mentioned in this thread and elsewhere: shorter setlist than in Europe. Curfew. Not playing SbH. You just release it as a single and you won't play it? Perhaps Dave Gahan needed to give his voice a rest from the high notes?
As an European used to European audiences, i found the Shoreline's to be pretty lame around me, section 102. Many not dancing, some showing real drunken frat boys behavior, talking over the music.. Go to a bar, dudes!
And, people really can't go without junk food for two hours? Geez.

The Ugly: The Shoreline is not designed to absorb a 20000 audience. Traffic was a nightmare. We left Oakland at 5pm and got in our seats at 8:30pm. We didn't even go all the way to the parking, instead we parked at Google, 1 mile from the site. Shoreline Management should be hang up to dry for the way they manage their parking, Mountain View authorities should've been posted at traffic lights to let traffic flow. I did not see one cop in the two hours it took me to go from the highway exit to Google's village. But cops were present at the site, with K9 and everything!
I wish they'd played Oracle next time. Then i'd be able to take the Bart! :)

The Very Ugly: $4.5 for a bottle of water? Really, Shoreline?

Final thought: Not Sold Out? Their only concert in the Pacific North West, and not Sold Out? Too many hipsters in the Bay Area, i suppose? :rolleyes:
Pipeline 1972, aka Microserf, former member of the DM Chat Box.
Pipeline1972

Postby Depeche Dark Mode » Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:22 pm

Feeling loved wrote:[Depeche Dark Mode] originally posted:
Steve Masters’ Q & A With Depeche Mode’s Martin Gore
Steve Masters headed backstage to interview Depeche Mode’s Martin Gore at Shoreline Amphitheatre before their show on September 26, 2013.
http://live105.cbslocal.com/2013/09/27/steve-masters-q-a-with-depeche-modes-martin-gore/]

Thanks for the link.
Martin is just simple & honest, you can't help but like him:)

you're welcome Feeling loved
glad you liked it :)
Depeche Dark Mode
DMMB Survivor

Postby Depeche Dark Mode » Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:24 pm

kiltlover wrote:Thanks for posting the interview link!

you're welcome kiltlover :)
Depeche Dark Mode
DMMB Survivor

Postby Depeche Dark Mode » Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:32 pm

Feeling loved wrote:[MacroMode] originally posted:
I read somewhere that Behind The Wheel was actually a song that Martin wrote to ask her girl to drive as he didn't know how to do it, I didn't want to believe that because for me the song has a deeper meaning but after reading the interview it may have a shallow meaning after all LOL]

:D could that be?! Nah, I don't think so. Hope not:D
But it's strange he's not even interested in driving. I know men are into cars most of the time!

also Fletch doesn't drive :)
Depeche Dark Mode
DMMB Survivor

Postby Feeling loved » Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:48 pm

[Depeche Dark Mode] originally posted:
also Fletch doesn't drive :)]

Oh!, I didn't know that either. Seems that only Dave & Alan are the typical car lovers:)
Shackled and bound by the sound of his voice.
Feeling loved

Postby Depeche Dark Mode » Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:06 pm

Feeling loved wrote:[Depeche Dark Mode] originally posted:
also Fletch doesn't drive :)]

Oh!, I didn't know that either. Seems that only Dave & Alan are the typical car lovers:)

hahaha yes :)
Depeche Dark Mode
DMMB Survivor

Postby dicecrusher » Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:45 am

It sure felt like a sold out show to me. The reserved seats were all gone months ago. I think they keep selling the GA lawn seats until they get up to 25,000 or so. Technically, there were probably a few lawn seats for sale up until showtime.
dicecrusher

PreviousNext

Return to Delta Machine Tour 2013-2014