SOTU in future tours...

Discuss all topics relating to the 2009 Depeche Mode tour!

Postby ryan mc govern » Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:22 am

so , if the rumors a right hopefully after the ne solo album of dave we will here it again!
ryan mc govern
DMMB Survivor

Postby ryan mc govern » Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:22 am

ryan mc govern wrote:so , if the rumors a right hopefully after the ne solo album of dave we will here it again!

if he tours .....fingers crossed.
ryan mc govern
DMMB Survivor

Postby WayneUK » Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:58 am

ryan mc govern wrote:so , if the rumors a right hopefully after the ne solo album of dave we will here it again!

Oh god, another solo album??????
A DM fan. Not a Dave fan, not an Alan fan and not a Martin fan, just a DM fan.
WayneUK

Postby daveirl » Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:06 pm

If they continue to play all the old stuff instead of newer material they will become a true nostalgia band just like all the other 80s bands out there.
"I don't have a home..."
daveirl
DMMB Survivor

Postby ryan mc govern » Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:44 pm

daveirl wrote:If they continue to play all the old stuff instead of newer material they will become a true nostalgia band just like all the other 80s bands out there.

thats not true as they play lots of new stuff of course they cant just play there last few albums only as they would get sad as when bands forget where they came from is just wrong! like The Boss does and so do the beastie boys!
ryan mc govern
DMMB Survivor

Postby WayneUK » Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:15 pm

ryan mc govern wrote:thats not true as they play lots of new stuff of course they cant just play there last few albums only as they would get sad as when bands forget where they came from is just wrong! like The Boss does and so do the beastie boys!

Problem is though Ryan, there is always the same 'older' hits too often in the set ie PJ, NLMDA, ETS (those 3 should always be in a DM setlist as far as i'm concerned), Policy, World, IYR, Shoes, IFY, QOT, Home,BTW.......

Sadly, it has been clear for a number of years that DM don't seem to hold the 81-85 eras in high regard, which I think is a massive shame.

To get M&S on the last tour (the song that turned me into a DM fan) was a dream come true as I never expected to hear that live again, EVER!!!

But then when you look at Stories Of Old on the box set dvd (which was sublime), maybe, just maybe, the tide is turning. After all, we have had Photographic on the last two tours too.
WayneUK

Postby GastonJacques » Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:23 pm

WayneUK wrote:The new songs worked, the band, for unknown reasons, certainly didn't agree. Peace was going to be dropped very early on but it got better as the Euro leg 1 progressed. In Sympathy was superb in Luxembourg but managed to last just two gigs before being replaced by Policy Of Truth (I ask you) and Hole To Feed was amzing live.

The one thing I like going to gigs for is hearing new material live, otherwise, whats the point really?

I do agree that it would be great to hear older material and M&S and Strangelove went down well. Sadly though, if teh band don't like playing them, we have no chance.

I would so love to hear Useless live again though. They totally ruined a brilliant song in 1998, but Dave proved in 2003 that it can sound superb live.

Teh campaign starts here Ryan LOL

I never saw In Sympathy of Fragile Tension for obvious reasons, but I did feel that Wrong, In Chains and Peace sounded best from the new material.
GastonJacques

Postby WayneUK » Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:43 am

GastonJacques wrote:I never saw In Sympathy of Fragile Tension for obvious reasons, but I did feel that Wrong, In Chains and Peace sounded best from the new material.

Yeah, I have to say, I only see Fragile Tension on youtube, so can't really comment on that (although I do not like the song), but Peace, despite many people slagging it off, did sound great live as did Wrong.

In Chains is still hit and miss as far as i'm concerned. Like the song, no problems there, but just found it boring as an intro track to a gig. However and maybe its because it was the first time I see them perform it, but I still like the Luxembourg version better than any of the others.

Of course, it's all about opinions though lol
WayneUK

Postby ryan mc govern » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:09 pm

WayneUK wrote:Problem is though Ryan, there is always the same 'older' hits too often in the set ie PJ, NLMDA, ETS (those 3 should always be in a DM setlist as far as i'm concerned), Policy, World, IYR, Shoes, IFY, QOT, Home,BTW.......

Sadly, it has been clear for a number of years that DM don't seem to hold the 81-85 eras in high regard, which I think is a massive shame.

To get M&S on the last tour (the song that turned me into a DM fan) was a dream come true as I never expected to hear that live again, EVER!!!

But then when you look at Stories Of Old on the box set dvd (which was sublime), maybe, just maybe, the tide is turning. After all, we have had Photographic on the last two tours too.

yes, but Imentioned non of those tracks and great different ones which are dm classics and there is ton I havnt mentioned. I do agree about what you said about the 81-85
ryan mc govern
DMMB Survivor

Postby ryan mc govern » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:10 pm

WayneUK wrote:Oh god, another solo album??????

why the last one was great!
ryan mc govern
DMMB Survivor

PreviousNext

Return to Tour Of The Universe 2009