SOTU in future tours...

Discuss all topics relating to the 2009 Depeche Mode tour!

Postby eternallove » Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:07 am

ryan mc govern wrote:there is videos of martin trying to get the crowd to sing Peace with him and he had no luck so Iam sure thats in the dm graveyard hopefully with the painfull Little Soul.

Maybe b/c it's a new song, and people don't know the lyrics :rolleyes:
eternallove

Postby markreed » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:50 am

The band simply do not play that many recent songs : the set always seems to settle after a few dates as 4-5 new songs, and the same 12 they've always played, plus 2 unusual choices. It's fairly rpedictable, to be honest. Surprises me, really, because playing so *many* old songs makes them a default nosalgia act.
markreed
DMMB Veteran

Postby f-n-devotee » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:02 am

Niggels wrote:Wrong will make it and that's it!!

Just like Precious was the only one from PTA played this tour.

I´ll drink to that....
Let me take you on a trip,
around the world and back
fuckingdevotee is on the track :)
f-n-devotee

Postby Dm-angel » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:37 pm

Yes i agree about "wrong".....i also think "in chains"
might be played on furture tours......

Martin's guitar at the start sounds fantastic live...:cool:
Light will always shine in the heart of you..:cool:
Dm-angel

Postby tex » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:40 pm

markreed wrote:The band simply do not play that many recent songs : the set always seems to settle after a few dates as 4-5 new songs, and the same 12 they've always played, plus 2 unusual choices. It's fairly rpedictable, to be honest. Surprises me, really, because playing so *many* old songs makes them a default nosalgia act.

That's pretty much how it is now. I do love seeing DM in concert, but it would be a bonus if they just varied their set list slightly.

As for TOTU, I wish that they played more than just five SOTU songs when I saw them in Dallas. For the Exciter tour, they played seven Exciter songs for the Dallas concert. The strange thing is that I think that SOTU's songs are more concert friendly than the majority of Exciter's songs, but the band chose not to play too many songs from SOTU at each concert during TOTU.
tex
DMMB Survivor

Postby Wyzdom » Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:28 pm

Since DM are stuck with the same singles played live all the time, I wouldn't bet on much more than Wrong being played in the futur.
I mean, they barely played the new songs at all and it was the tour for the album...

Wyzdom

Postby djsunyc » Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:23 pm

markreed wrote:The band simply do not play that many recent songs : the set always seems to settle after a few dates as 4-5 new songs, and the same 12 they've always played, plus 2 unusual choices. It's fairly rpedictable, to be honest. Surprises me, really, because playing so *many* old songs makes them a default nosalgia act.

imho, there's nothing wrong with that.

i actually want them to play half the shows but extend each one to 3 hours and cover alot more tracks.

i'm not a bon jovi fan but a friend of mine went to see them and said they played for 3 hours. i would kill for 3 hours of depeche mode.
everbody wants to rule the world...
djsunyc

Postby sufferingwell » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:22 pm

Dm-angel wrote:Yes i agree about "wrong".....i also think "in chains"
might be played on furture tours......

Martin's guitar at the start sounds fantastic live...:cool:

I know , right? That part is so incredible ! Each time I hear it I feel the excitement like I did at the beginning of each show. :)
We share something.
sufferingwell
DMMB Veteran

Postby karimamilena » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:34 pm

sufferingwell wrote:I know , right? That part is so incredible ! Each time I hear it I feel the excitement like I did at the beginning of each show. :)

little side note: I saw Recoil recently here in Hamburg and just before Alan came on stage the DJ played In Chains!!!

You might imagine the chills that went down my spine and me instantly thinking "Depeche will hit the stage now, woooohooo"

Just wondered later, if Alan knew about this beforehand or if it was a little
"joke" by the DJ..... it was very surreal for sure.
"You know, we're so f.... weird"
(Melody Maker interview 1990)
karimamilena

Postby little flower » Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:00 pm

ryan mc govern wrote:I also agree the stage set was a little lame as it wasnt much more than a large screen with a ball in the middle .It would of been nice if they did something a little more original as every band out there now seems to have the same large screen behind then .I hope Little Soul gets thrown into the graveyard of dead DM songs Now this is a stage set.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ibs18ylrq90

it didn`t disturb me either..I think in Chains missed a.. how to say,beggining like in past Tours together with another song, could have been from this album or not..Wrong alone was the strongest song as a whole.
In Chains+shine(exciter) or something alike.
or I don`t know:o
«I'm a missionary»
little flower

PreviousNext

Return to Tour Of The Universe 2009