Unofficial DVDs - RAH and Dusseldorf (2) - Footage request

Discuss all topics relating to the 2009 Depeche Mode tour!

dvd

Postby shingle » Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:38 pm

I taped a lot of the RHA on my camcorder, i think most of the setlist and some of the songs in there entirety. pm me and let me know what you need me to do. the footage was shot from a 2nd tier box cental to the stage.
ufc
shingle
ignoring the F.A.Q.

Postby marmite » Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:41 pm

dutch beetle love your bug i've a 54 oval myself :)
back to the topic
it would be so cool to get a copy of that dvd
great idea Brat :)
My little universe is expanding
marmite
DMMB Veteran

Pc

Postby mitya » Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:02 pm

Admin wrote:mitya - mac or pc?

GastonJacques - I was thinking more along the lines of a wide bittorrent type release, but *after* the official DVD comes out (if/when it does). I do not want to "compete" with official product.

Sent you a PM.
Where words fail,music speaks.
mitya

Postby Chained » Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:24 pm

if this doesn't match the quality of the NIN effort then there is no point.

thisoneisonus.org is the place to see what we have to live up to.
Chained
DMMB Veteran

Postby ooizza » Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:43 pm

It only took fourteen posts for a negative one to show up... I've downloaded the NIN effort and I love it to bits, but I don't think this is about Depeche fans having to live up to something else. I think it's about the fans collaborating to share our special memories about a special tour. We do in fact "share something".

I've been thinking about DM and the fans I've met over this tour and I have to say that part of what makes Depeche Mode so brilliant is the fans. Of course we all wouldn't be here if it weren't for the band, but part of what made my mini tour so special was meeting with people from all over the world. I love how the fans work together to plan parties, travel, accomodations, balloons, buttons, bananas, RAH shirts, etc.

Great idea Daniel, wish I had something to contribute, I just wanted to experience the shows without messing around with a camera too much :)
My newly expanded TOTU: Toronto, Montreal, Zagreb, RAH, London
ooizza
ignoring the F.A.Q.

Postby Admin » Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:46 pm

Chained wrote:if this doesn't match the quality of the NIN effort then there is no point.

thisoneisonus.org is the place to see what we have to live up to.

How could it match the quality? NIN had an open camera policy. I should know. I filmed most of Santa Barbara:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAuukBkfglw&fmt=22 (Suck)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOAbhS1lggk&fmt=22 (Wish)

If I had gotten to the show earlier, I could have had a much better angle. Oh well.

Back to quality. Cameras (pictures, no flash) were allowed at venues, but I watched venue security coming down hard on people when they tried to actually film. Hell, I had put my girlfriend in the dead center front for RAH with a Lumix ZS3 (for alternate video angles), and even flashing all the laminates in the world at the security, they kept trying to shut her down.

The video for the DM shows, unless you were in a lucky place, is going to be a bit far, a bit shaky, and a bit "off". Hence, hoping a lot of editing of the best bits of fan footage can "make do", especially since I was not in Dusseldorf, and have no footage of my own to contribute.
admin / moderator / "that" guy
Admin

Postby mitya » Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:50 pm

ooizza wrote:It only took fourteen posts for a negative one to show up... I've downloaded the NIN effort and I love it to bits, but I don't think this is about Depeche fans having to live up to something else. I think it's about the fans collaborating to share our special memories about a special tour. We do in fact "share something".

I've been thinking about DM and the fans I've met over this tour and I have to say that part of what makes Depeche Mode so brilliant is the fans. Of course we all wouldn't be here if it weren't for the band, but part of what made my mini tour so special was meeting with people from all over the world. I love how the fans work together to plan parties, travel, accomodations, balloons, buttons, bananas, RAH shirts, etc.

Great idea Daniel, wish I had something to contribute, I just wanted to experience the shows without messing around with a camera too much :)
mitya

Postby mitya » Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:51 pm

Thanks-I was a bit put off by the last post as I am just a fan not a professional film maker!
mitya

Postby mitya » Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:52 pm

mitya wrote:Thanks-I was a bit put off by the last post as I am just a fan not a professional film maker!

Whoops -the post about it not being worth bothering with unless it was as good!
mitya

Postby dzadza » Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:52 pm

Brat is it possible for you to get the soundboard audio from Dusseldorf?
Most of those clips have horrible audio - and very loud fans singing off key - that may ruin the experience....
dzadza

PreviousNext

Return to Tour Of The Universe 2009