Dublin roll call

Discuss all topics relating to the 2009 Depeche Mode tour!

Postby SiNiSTeRuNDeRToNeS » Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:20 pm

KamilaGahannova wrote:u may try the Ibis then, lol;-)))))....(mind you, the Luas outside of the hotel goes straight to the Point!, and i mean, straight to the point!);-)

i'm up for any premode meet-up...as i said before, for the first time i'll be going on my own ---------> i'm up for anything, huh!

Same here I would love a pre mode meet up. I'm going up with my dad and a load of the old heads but they aren't exactly as vigorously obsessive as I am. They will happily chug back the drinks and swagger in during the opening act but I plan on getting there early to get right up front :D.

Jury's bar afterwards meant to be a great craic too.
SiNiSTeRuNDeRToNeS

Postby daveirl » Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:06 pm

should defo do something either before or after-make a day of it infact
"I don't have a home..."
daveirl
DMMB Survivor

Postby KamilaGahannova » Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:24 pm

pollack777 wrote:stright to the point but not to The Point, not yet.

Construction of Line C1 is due to be complete in late 2009 / early 2010. The line will open for service following a period of testing and trial running.

i read it opens on the 8th of Dec!......
zephyrmila
KamilaGahannova

Postby KamilaGahannova » Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:29 pm

SiNiSTeRuNDeRToNeS wrote:Same here I would love a pre mode meet up. I'm going up with my dad and a load of the old heads but they aren't exactly as vigorously obsessive as I am. They will happily chug back the drinks and swagger in during the opening act but I plan on getting there early to get right up front :D.

Jury's bar afterwards meant to be a great craic too.

u have standing too? I myself plan to stand just in front of Dave,;-) the only thing i'm worried about are the Poles...i suspect there will be lots of them going, and from my experience (DM concerts back home in Czech) they are quite ruthless and don't really mind crushing/smacking you...hope i'm wrong!
zephyrmila
KamilaGahannova

Postby SiNiSTeRuNDeRToNeS » Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:37 pm

KamilaGahannova wrote:u have standing too? I myself plan to stand just in front of Dave,;-) the only thing i'm worried about are the Poles...i suspect there will be lots of them going, and from my experience (DM concerts back home in Czech) they are quite ruthless and don't really mind crushing/smacking you...hope i'm wrong!

Ever been to the marquee? Cork, and indeed Irish people can be just as ruthless! Besides, this is DM, not Scooter, so I'm sure it wont be so bad :D.

Also, that Dubpeche Mode tribute band are playing Cypress Avenue in Cork a few days after the concert. Have to question the wisdom of trying to flog tribute tickets days after the real thing but whatever, it should help with my post-DM withdrawal symptoms ;).
SiNiSTeRuNDeRToNeS

Postby KamilaGahannova » Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:11 pm

no, never been to the marquee..but i sincerely hope i am wrong and all the Polish people will let me breathe.....!

i've seen the tribute gig advertised on the poster but i won't be going back down 'til Sunday so maybe next time!
zephyrmila
KamilaGahannova

Postby MarkWalsh » Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:52 pm

I'll be there , there's also a roll call over at home website.
MarkWalsh

Postby daveirl » Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:55 pm

Place will be 50per cent irish 50 per cent foreign. DM are not atall popular with Irish people except hardcore fans.
"I don't have a home..."
daveirl
DMMB Survivor

Postby pollack777 » Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:39 pm

KamilaGahannova wrote:the only thing i'm worried about are the Poles...i suspect there will be lots of them going, and from my experience (DM concerts back home in Czech) they are quite ruthless and don't really mind crushing/smacking you...hope i'm wrong!

yes, you're wrong. First of all Prague is only short distance from Poland and there was always thousands of Poles in your capital at Depeche Mode gigs. And among this crowd is always a few drunk and unpolite gobshites, who might turn a whole pleasure of watching the gig into nightmare. We all feel shame because ot them, trust me.. But that situations happens everywhere, so please stop to blame a whole Polish nation. It's childish and completely unfair.
I'm in touch with most Polish DM fans in Ireland (through Polish Forum DM, our myspace, facebook etc) and I'd like to calm you dawn, there won't be more than 50 of them in O2( it's very optimistic prognosis). Hope they won't make any troubles to you and anyone else.

I'd like to also add, that D'electro M'ovement who organize DM parties in Dublin (including upcoming aftershow party) had never had any problem with messing, drunk or aggresive people at their parties which is just very normal behaviour in Dublin's nite clubs. And we are POLES :)
Cheers.
pollack777
ignoring the F.A.Q.

Postby KamilaGahannova » Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:27 pm

pollack777 wrote:yes, you're wrong. First of all Prague is only short distance from Poland and there was always thousands of Poles in your capital at Depeche Mode gigs. And among this crowd is always a few drunk and unpolite gobshites, who might turn a whole pleasure of watching the gig into nightmare. We all feel shame because ot them, trust me.. But that situations happens everywhere, so please stop to blame a whole Polish nation. It's childish and completely unfair.
I'm in touch with most Polish DM fans in Ireland (through Polish Forum DM, our myspace, facebook etc) and I'd like to calm you dawn, there won't be more than 50 of them in O2( it's very optimistic prognosis). Hope they won't make any troubles to you and anyone else.

mama mia, why are u so defensive? i'm not attacking anyone, hence the smileys i used.. i myself know some Polish fans coming up (in the same car possibly!) so it's nothing against the whole Polish nation, jeeeezz....but yes, in Czech they have a bad reputation, and I have a bad experience...but since i'm going to stand up front watching Dave's mic (u know what i mean), i will have the crowd behind me;-) heh....
zephyrmila
KamilaGahannova

PreviousNext

Return to Tour Of The Universe 2009