Live Here Now Shows

Discuss all topics relating to the 2009 Depeche Mode tour!

Postby Jonny75 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:59 pm

The reason why the TTA LHN discs sounded great and the releases so far sound awful (with worse to come) is that the system they are using is for INDOOR gigs and they are playing OUTDOOR shows with huge levels of distorted bass. It's also a poor system compared to other bands who mix huge shows with smaller indoor gigs on the same tour. Sound is obviously not a priority this time around.

As someone who travelled across Europe to see them, if you are going to see this show, don't stand anywhere in front of the catwalk. Or prepare to be blasted with bass.

Awful, awful tour so far. The sound guys got an earful from me and a few others after the Carcassonne gig but they seemed to shrug it after briefly answering some questions. The sound is rubbish and they know it, but they are stuck with it until the indoor legs.

Same too for LHN who I also managed to speak to after the gig. He's nearly pulling out his dreads with the sound issues.
Jonny75

Postby halodedm » Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:25 pm

the Tel aviv show sound very very bad in some songs..i have the werchter botleg and sounds better
halodedm

Postby Dmode1973 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:02 am

Jonny75 wrote:The reason why the TTA LHN discs sounded great and the releases so far sound awful (with worse to come) is that the system they are using is for INDOOR gigs and they are playing OUTDOOR shows with huge levels of distorted bass. It's also a poor system compared to other bands who mix huge shows with smaller indoor gigs on the same tour. Sound is obviously not a priority this time around.

If thats the case then why did Shoreline ,Coachella, Foro sol,Rock-im-park,Rock-am-ring,Waldbuhn,Most of eastern europe,Rome etc etc(I have all 49) sound awesome....AND THEY WERE OUTDOOR. There has been one release so far for TOTU. Give them a chance
Reach out and Touch Faith!

http://snodmeister.tumblr.com/
Dmode1973

Postby Silent80 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:13 am

I just downloaded the Tel Aviv show and it's fine. I was curious on how they were going to sound performing older songs like Master and Servant and Strangelove. To my surpise they sounded great. Especially since it's been like since world violation since they perform these I believe. Even personal jesus sounded like it was more upbeat / faster paced . Who knows it might just be my ears, hehe.
Silent80
DMMB Survivor

Postby newborn01 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:43 am

Hi just checking with those who have Tel Aviv ... could you download it straight away? I just paid for it but it says..

"Live @ Ramat Gan Stadium, Tel Aviv 10/05/2009 (Download). You will recieve an email when this is ready to download."

But I thought it was already released ....

And I also ordered a TTA download and that went straight away.
With or without words I'll confide everything.
newborn01
DMMB Veteran

Postby newborn01 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:04 am

newborn01 wrote:Hi just checking with those who have Tel Aviv ... could you download it straight away? I just paid for it but it says..

"Live @ Ramat Gan Stadium, Tel Aviv 10/05/2009 (Download). You will recieve an email when this is ready to download."

But I thought it was already released ....

And I also ordered a TTA download and that went straight away.

Apologies, problem solved.

Although it's ridiculous, I could access the download in the member's area of the LHN website.

Now to listen ...
With or without words I'll confide everything.
newborn01
DMMB Veteran

Postby topperharley » Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:27 pm

I downloaded the Tel Aviv show as a quick fix, and I actually think it sounds rather good, somewhat better than the TTA Aarhus Stadium recording.

Ordered some seven shows on CD, so it'll be interesting to check the sound quality on a proper set up.
Copenhagen June 30th, Hamburg July 1st, London Dec. 15th & 16th
topperharley

Postby Outbreak'74 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:59 pm

I am waiting over months for my download....
Outbreak'74
DMMB Member

Postby Outbreak'74 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:00 pm

Outbreak'74 wrote:I am waiting over months for my download....

4 months i meant, sorry. see what it's doing to me, bonkers man.
Outbreak'74
DMMB Member

Postby headstar1969 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:10 pm

I've heard the Tel Aviv recording and it seems inconsistant in it's mix. I made a flowing recording with some Tel Aviv tracks and some from Berlin 2006 to make a kind of Greatest Hits to listen to while I was on holiday. It's noticable that the quality of the TTA recording is louder and overall sounds better. However Master and Servant and Strangelove sound superb. Maybe it's just teething problems with the first recording/s. Really we just want them to sound the same or better!
headstar1969

PreviousNext

Return to Tour Of The Universe 2009