B-side tour

Discuss all topics relating to the 2009 Depeche Mode tour!

Postby FastFashion90 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:28 pm

acinommoni wrote:I don't like idea of a b-side tour. I agree that their b-sides songs are absolutely great, some of them are better than some album songs but it wouldn't be the same concert if they'd play only those tracks.
It would be awesome a mix.
But why not? We could do the arm-waving thing during My Joy instead :D

It would be a nice change, that's for sure.
And when I squinted
The world seemed rose-tinted

FastFashion90

Postby acinommoni » Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:40 pm

FastFashion90 wrote:But why not? We could do the arm-waving thing during My Joy instead :D

It would be a nice change, that's for sure.

even though I'm not sure about this idea
for sure I'd be there!
acinommoni
DMMB Elder

Postby godannyboy » Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:45 pm

Dingerz wrote:That's what planes are for! ..or airmiles.. ..or selling your firstborn.. Or even perhaps, a night of prostitution? How about eating a mix of very disgusting things your friends put together for some cash? Alright, I'll stop now. :P

sorry but don't agree on one thing here....

the FANS loves dM and it's dark B-SIDE, i just think that the band never pushed the risk high enough... after Violator, they had great songs and albums but always played safe in the shows, even when the best audiences are ready for more.... just think about opening a show with that strident noise of Martin guitar for more than 3 minutes with "Dead of Nights" ... and the Montréal Bell Centre was HISTERICAL.... so I do think they could push it further and yes do less cities but still be doing the major leagues :D
godannyboy

Postby Achillea » Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:33 pm

Could somebody provide me with a list of all b-sides? Thanks :) Are they available on a compilation or would I have to collect alle the singles to hear them?
Achillea

Postby Crocks » Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:40 pm

better is a non single Tour/ b-sides and Album tracks
Crocks

Postby DRE7861 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:58 pm

If they did a B-Sides Tour they could still play the crowd favs (ETS, PJ, NLMDA, WIMS, IFY, etc...) by treating it like an album and play 5-7 B sides.

I for one would LOVE a B Sides album as their next compilation - I'm not sure why since I have every B Side they've issued but damn it I still want it! LOL

My choices for live would be "Dangerous," "Newborn," "Sea Of Sin," "Surrender," "Happiest Girl," "Free" and "Route 66."

PS Yes I know they have play Rt 66 and Surrender live before but I've never saw the Violator Tour and Martin sang another song during the Exciter Tour.
DRE7861

Postby gc » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:09 pm

godannyboy wrote:sorry but don't agree on one thing here....

the FANS loves dM and it's dark B-SIDE, i just think that the band never pushed the risk high enough... after Violator, they had great songs and albums but always played safe in the shows, even when the best audiences are ready for more.... just think about opening a show with that strident noise of Martin guitar for more than 3 minutes with "Dead of Nights" ... and the Montréal Bell Centre was HISTERICAL.... so I do think they could push it further and yes do less cities but still be doing the major leagues :D

you make a good point. after Alan left, the band ceased playing a variety of older songs and went the route of playing only the bigger well known hits. Alan was the one who pushed for The Sun & The Rainfall to be played on Devotional and got outvoted. he was also the one who wanted rare songs like Ice Machine and Shout played live in 1984. it's too bad he isn't still in the band, cause if he were i guarantee we'd be getting much better setlists.

the biggest misconception the band has on its audience is that fans only want to hear the hits (like AQOT, WIMS and INY) when truth is, it's completely the opposite.

DM can play ANYTHING and have fans go crazy. it's total garbage for them to think otherwise.
gc

Postby Jordan Celkupa » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:17 pm

I saw the Borgata show on Saturday where they cut 3 songs. I was certain that someone was going to write a post suggesting that if the unnamed former member of the band was still in the group he never would have allowed them to cut the show short. I thought I got away clean......ugh....
Jordan Celkupa

Postby xXHappiestGirlXx » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:30 pm

FastFashion90 wrote:DUDE. GREAT. IDEA.

Unfortunately, if this ever were to occur, it would probably very short and in a few cities, wherever the majority of hardcore DM fans are (i.e. Los Angeles, Germany, etc.)

If they ever actually did this, I bet a lot of fans would find a way to get to those places. I know I sure would!!! :D
xXHappiestGirlXx

Postby karimamilena » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:51 pm

gc wrote:the biggest misconception the band has on its audience is that fans only want to hear the hits (like AQOT, WIMS and INY) when truth is, it's completely the opposite.

DM can play ANYTHING and have fans go crazy. it's total garbage for them to think otherwise.

that is soooo true! Also in forums in Germany this is discussed over & over again and the setlist could include so many fantastic songs, with or without PJ, ETS, WIMS etc....

I'm pretty sure, tickets would sell out quicker than you can hit the F5 button :)
"You know, we're so f.... weird"
(Melody Maker interview 1990)
karimamilena

PreviousNext

Return to Tour Of The Universe 2009